Tracking foxes

gaz6br

Perfect weather with all this snow about to see what earths are being used, also to see what part of the ground you have foxes passing over. I found 3 good earths yesterday one was on the estate :( the other two on some farm land. Heading over to some more farms today see what i can find ;)

Perfect weather with all this snow about to see what earths are being used, also to see what part of the ground you have foxes passing over. I found 3 good earths yesterday one was on the estate :( the other two on some farm land. Heading over to some more farms today see what i can find ;)

No such luck here Gaz, its actually dry here <_<

yes snow is good-but too many Billys and the picture gets a bit squiffy on one farm i have charlie and Billy as residents so the terriers cant go to work.

It,s got to be the best time for being able to see were the foxes are active and to give you an idea of what is around,,,,

Awesome,,,

I was sat in the land rover the other night watching a fox playing in the snow at a good three hundred yads with no lamp,,,,

But only had the 17 hmr with me????

ppc would of creamed it

You mustn't have the driving winds Gaz, for us this is the worst kind of snow for tracking. Though we have been very busy for the last 3 months, accounted for alot of vixens - one I had last week had 9 cubs in it - most I can remember and an excellent kill, pre ground nesting birds laying.

You mustn't have the driving winds Gaz, for us this is the worst kind of snow for tracking. Though we have been very busy for the last 3 months, accounted for alot of vixens - one I had last week had 9 cubs in it - most I can remember and an excellent kill, pre ground nesting birds laying.

Yep, pretty damn windy where me and Gaz are.

Regards.

Glad to see the foxes are keeping you on your toes Gaz, carn't beat a bit of snow to find out who's moved in although with the wind fresh tracks don't last long. Haven't even bothered togo out with lamp wind is still 30-40mph. This time last year it was 22*c then pissed down all summer wonder if it's going to take up...

Archived