which scope ???

My opinion from what what my eyes tell me, the Swarovski will have better optics and will be lighter, but it will have a front end parallax, for that reason alone I would go for the Nightforce with the NP-2DD.

Swarovski, pull your finger out and make a side parallax scope!

Ian

whilst i too have a Nightforce with the NP2DD ret.

My next scope will be a Leupold VX-III 8 - 25 x 50 with varmint reticle. ( when the wife lets me ) :lol::lol::lol:

I've always been impressed by the firms optics and it's nearly half the price of a Nightforce.

Grant..

whilst i too have a Nightforce with the NP2DD ret.

My next scope will be a Leupold VX-III 8 - 25 x 50 with varmint reticle. ( when the wife lets me ) :lol::lol::lol:

I've always been impressed by the firms optics and it's nearly half the price of a Nightforce.

Grant..

i have a 3x9x50 euro loopy for Anny x1v ther ok ...

Optically there is little to choose between a Swaro PVS and a 12x42 NSX after dark, I have not however done a comparison in daylight.

Be aware the Nightforce now have a reticule called NPR1. This is similar to NPR2 but has vertical post hash marks at 1 moa at either max power for the 15X or 22x ( I think !) for the others. A lot more info can be found on the Snipershide site, (Optics in Frequently asked Ques) here is a link to through the lens pics, scrole down and a drawing of NPR1 is toward the bottom. There is nothing on the Nightforce web site about it.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...6130#Post136130

In my book this is an ideal all round reticule, pretty fine but illumated so it does not go walkies in the dark. They are freely available in the US but Ruag are less than forthcoming about when we might see them here. I do have an enquiry in.

Another thought, it is rumoured that Nighforce are about to launch NSX as a FFP scope, this would mean 1 moa at all mags but that might be a bit heavy on a small target at high mag.

A

Ruag say delivery is about 12 weeks.

Grant, i have the same Leuppy but with the fine duplex, i got this in favour of the varmint hunters retical simply because i preferred an uncluttered sight picture.

The VH retical i used to have would un-nerve me a bit on the range, the windage aiming dots giving me a momentary false impression of a stray bullet hole at 100yds.

I have tried most of the leupold reticals including MK4s with both Mil-dot and TMR but i am most satisfied with the fine duplex.

Ian.

Guest northernchris

You wont go far wrong with a top end Leupold,i use a VXIII 5.5-20 x 50 and find it far better value for money than the newer Swaro's of which i had 3 last year BUT they all went back with various probs inc grease on the retical, internal fogging and not keeping zero :lol:

I use the following,and have no plans to change in the near future except swap the NSX's for PMII's but i havnt had enough time behind them on rifles to convince me to change over just yet.

OLD steel bodied Swaro 6x42 on CZ 452

Leupold 3-9x50 VXII on 10/22

Leupold 5.5-20x50 on .22 Hornet

Nightforce NSX's on both my .22-250 & 6.5x55

The Nightforces IMHO are one of the most durable scopes on the market as for the glass i would say there isnt much between them and the higher end Leupolds.

Axel.... Sakoboomstick, a member of this forum is selling a leupold 6 - 20 x 50 VX-III top end scope with varmint reticle for £500...

Why not give him a nudge? His ad for the scope is on this site if you've not seen it yet...

Grant..

Bearing in mind the history of and the recent and current website B$%^%^t, USO would be bottom of the pile for purchase for me, grossly over priced and the Nightforce is better value.

Redfox

USO have however shown the way forward in how to build your own scope from a very wide range of options. Lack of UK support steered me away from them.

A

• 1 month later...

Archived