They are as good as it gets check there web site i have got one on my 6 BR and just got no two in 338LAP NOT CHEAP but better than most for my money cheers Chris

Just wanting opinions on the Jet-z compact and and the SL5 model and which 1 would best suit a 243 Ackley. cheers for any feed back anybody can give.

You've an excellent short list. I have a Jet-Z on my 243 Ackley and like it. I also have an AU-SL5 on my 260 Rem and like that one too. I favour the shorter length of the AU-SL5. See the following link for detailed specs.

http://www.aseutra.fi/index-en

Regards JCS

Hi ,,,,I have Ase Utra,s on all my rifles,,,,,bomb proof but I did have a hole appear in one which "Jacksons" said it was the first they had heard about and replaced it without charge or question and that was a three year old mod!!and out of guarantee.

You still need to make sure these mods are dried out if coming in from the cold as they will sweat!!! I like the "North Star" model but it wont over barrel my thick tubes but may be ok for yours??,,,,,North Star[stainless] if it fits or you want your barrel machined to fit would be my first choice. Regds.Onehole.

I have recently purchased an Ase Utra SL7 in 30cal. Really impressed with it! Compact and relatively light and have found that it doesn't change handling of the rifle much, for example its not particularly noticeable when shooting off hand with the mod on. In terms of noise reduction, I think it is very good. My friend has a PES end can also in 30cal (not sure on model sorry) and he admits that the noise reduction on the Ase Utra is better, not by much but it is noticeable.

Hope this helps!

Hi ,,,,I have Ase Utra,s on all my rifles,,,,,bomb proof but I did have a hole appear in one which "Jacksons" said it was the first they had heard about and replaced it without charge or question and that was a three year old mod!!and out of guarantee.

You still need to make sure these mods are dried out if coming in from the cold as they will sweat!!! I like the "North Star" model but it wont over barrel my thick tubes but may be ok for yours??,,,,,North Star[stainless] if it fits or you want your barrel machined to fit would be my first choice. Regds.Onehole.

Cheers for the input onehole, hope your keeping well, im still knocking them over with that nxs i had off you

• 1 month later...

I have two north stars and I can fault them. No idea on current price. They are a little heavy but I'm happy to trade the extra weight for the quality and ease of maintenance.

So do they strip down or are they solid type? Still trying to find a price on 1 at the moment.

AsMJR.

They don't strip,and were around £260,proofed might be more?

Jackson Rifles in Castle Douglas will have the up to date prices.

Gbal

If they will fit over your barrel Jimmy get the stainless Northstar,,,,that would be my first choice.I think for clearance you don,t want your barrel muzzle end any thicker than .9 ish,,. for the last 3 inches? or so,best check with Jacksons though.Regds Onehole.

Not been able to see a price on there site.cheers Dave Im unsure its a varmint barrel so might be to big. will have to look in to that and see if its gonna fit or have a look at the Jet-z

Normal varmint barrels are usually no problem,above say an inch diameter might begin to be,for some.Phone call to eg Jackson rifles or any competent smith will soon reassure.

Gbal

Both of mine measure 24.8mm internal diameter at the rear. From the rear face of the moderator to the rear face of the threaded boss both measure 85mm. From those measurements you should be able to determine if one will fit your barrel - a varmint profile is no problem.

Archived