Tactical shoot this year?

6.5Grendel

Hi All

Last year there was a tactical competition organised in a quarry through this forum in the wiltshire ? area , I was unable to attend as I didn't have an open FAC . After a chat with my FEO this should be resolved on renewal later this year so I was wondering if it was going to be repeated?

Cheers

Andy

Yes, there are a couple of places up for grabs at the Mendip Quarry Challenge on 6th April. Pm me if you fancy a fun days tactical gong and target shooting in the Mendips :-) include your email address and Ill send you more information.

You must be "known" or be vouched for by a "known". An open ticket, recognised insurance and a moderated rifle up to .308.

There may be more events later in the year.

Rup

Appreciate the response :)

My AEIII arrives 22nd April and till then I'm stuck with the club rifles :(

The sixth is overbooked as it stands but i'll certainly be up for Civ Service at Imperial

(I'm Bisley based and looking for a regular competitive shoot to represent the Club)

Appreciate the response :)

My AEIII arrives 22nd April and till then I'm stuck with the club rifles :(

The sixth is overbooked as it stands but i'll certainly be up for Civ Service at Imperial

(I'm Bisley based and looking for a regular competitive shoot to represent the Club)

What length barrel did you go for?

Bugger! Everything is happening on the same day + I don't have an open ticket anyway :(

Delighted to come help-out at the next one though?

Sorry for delayed response.

I am afraid we don't alow spectators, primarily for safety reasons. The confined space available and the mobile nature of the CoF with wide arcs of fire mean that everyone must be accounted for at all times and believe me, that's hard enough with just the shooters.;-)

The course gets set up in advance so all that needs to be done on the day is organising everyone through the firing points as efficiently as possible.

Sounds like you need to get your ticket opened up :-)

I would love to join in on this one year if possible.

Aprils out as I wont be in country nor have a suitable rifle till the summer.

Looks a great course and if you can book the weather again it looks glorious last year

Cheers Will

Good someone point me to the thread that details this Aprils shoot please?

I'm struggling to get on a contract that won't conflict with my Triathlon in Austria so it's looking increasing likely that I will be home.

It's not too far from me and although i'm currently 'full bore' less (waiting on McMiliian) I'd like to come down to observe and 'shoot' the camera instead?

Cheers Will

Good someone point me to the thread that details this Aprils shoot please?

I'm struggling to get on a contract that won't conflict with my Triathlon in Austria so it's looking increasing likely that I will be home.

It's not too far from me and although i'm currently 'full bore' less (waiting on McMiliian) I'd like to come down to observe and 'shoot' the camera instead?

Cheers Will

Oaken runs it, although if you look above, you'll see spectators etc. aren't catered for....

seen; oh well - I'll keep an eye out for the next one then.

Are you Jungle_re of Britishblades?

Back on topic, I'd love to attend one of these shoots once I am a "known quantity"!

How many rounds are typically required?

Best wishes,

Ben

Are you Jungle_re of Britishblades? Back on topic, I'd love to attend one of these shoots once I am a "known quantity"! How many rounds are typically required? Best wishes, Ben

Yep - try to keep the same name everywhere

I think Rup said about 80 rounds + a shoot out/sudden death stage, im taking 200 incase anyones trying hard!
Eh!! 200 ? 140 will be plenty Gary. The 'sudden death' stage isn't going to be easy, trust me on that one ;)

Cof not finalised yet, but should be pretty much there by Monday, going over sat in this wind/rain/snow etc just to make sure it's all going to run smooth for you guys.

Pete

The main CoF will require a max of 80 rounds.

However, the section now called the DTA Challenge will become a knockout for all those that clear it. It will become progressively harder, I don't anticipate anyone , with the possible exception of Gareth, needing more than an extra 20 rounds.

Ewen of DTA has kindly offered to pay the entry fee back to the winner of this section.

There will be no opportunity to zero!

We kick off with a cold bore "know your limits" target on which it is possible to get a negative score! :-D. Bwaaaahaha

Archived