LED foxing light

Hi guys

I like the look of these small light weight rifle mountable lights !

Main question is there anything out there that will compair with a lf striker 170 with a Amber filter?

Need to positively be able to I'd fox and backstop 200-250 yds!

Cheers Andy

Hi Richard

Have u seen one in action mate with a yellow led ?

They claim 800m wich seems a little doubtful !

Cheers Andy

hi i have the night xsercher fantastic bit of kit, but get the red led, beam a lot tighter than the lightforce, but alot brighter,

If you want the very best, get a DEFT-X from OMGLumens. I've got 2 of the older Defts and they are very impressive aspheric lights. I have no doubt that the Deft-x will be staggering & would easily outshine a 170, probably a 240 too. The focus is phenominal & it uses the latest/brightest Cree LED.

Bumf from the website says:-

"The new DEFT-X is performing at an astonishing 900Kcd!!! This represents a new world record for LED based flashlights.The DEFT-X has a whopping 260% more intense beam than the closest competitor*(O-lightSR95SUT). That means you would have to buy almost four of the best the rest of the world has to offer just to equal one DEFT-X. And the DEFT-X does this while weighing a fraction as much as that light and is also much smaller in every dimension"

• 2 weeks later...

Sniper system torch, about 5 inches long, light aswell comes with rechargeable battery and charger can be used as hand held or mounts on scope in seconds. Hand held botton unscrews and you can screw a touch sensitive botton on, with lead that sticks to side of your gun. Also get red and orange filters for it. Battery lasts 8 hours life time guarantee made in Uk bout 40 mins from my house. Longest fox to date with mine 252 yards and I could see it real clear no problems at all ;)

Hi skany-missed your question.not tried an amber version but the red led I have would probably equal a 170with a filter.because the led is coloured it does not diminish the beam like a plastic filter.its good enough for a clear identification and shot at a fox at 200 yards maybe a little more.not sure of the claim at 800 yards to spot though.regards richard.

thanks for ur replies guys

ive just got a TN31 thrunite and so far im impressed the beams a lot broader than the NM800 but its bloody bright & still goes a long way!

ive only tried it outside the house with a lot of light pollution but it looks like it will be a great spoter!

i shall get around to trying it next to my LF170 at some point!

ive got some filters coming to try!

Ive tried shining it thru my amber filter from the lightforce & it still goes well!(almost 1400lmns)

ive bought some deben tracer filters to hack about & cobble something toghether

cheers Andy

just for anyone who may not know led's don't give their best filtered thats why you get the red etc modules for the night master etc. not tried the coloured leds in my nm800 yet but I'm impressed with the white and IR ones so far

Archived