Bench Rest Weight /Factory Limits

There's some rests there? Is the shooter on the right using a SAKO TRG? The forend attachment looks interesting. I've made one for my SAKO but the one in the vid looks much more slender.....

There's some rests there? Is the shooter on the right using a SAKO TRG? The forend attachment looks interesting. I've made one for my SAKO but the one in the vid looks much more slender.....

No mate the shooter on the right is using a remington in 308, and very well she shoots with it,,,

Darrel

ps. Bruce why wernt you there???. I turned up, been ill all week and shot with a bad kidney stone??

Do you know what the forend attachment is? I've made mine out of wood and it works but it looks a bit Heath Robinson.........................

Do you know what the forend attachment is? I've made mine out of wood and it works but it looks a bit Heath Robinson.........................

Hi, Have a look at the shootingshed.co.uk, send David your requirements and he will make you one out of aluminium,,

Better than wood??

Let me know how you get on??

Darrel

Hi, Have a look at the shootingshed.co.uk, send David your requirements and he will make you one out of aluminium,,

Better than wood??

Darrel

Hi Darrel, I've emailed Shooting Shed and told him what I need. Interestingly it looks like he already makes something like it (F Class front bag rider) but the picture is of his versapod adapter.

Hi Darrel, I've emailed Shooting Shed and told him what I need. Interestingly it looks like he already makes something like it (F Class front bag rider) but the picture is of his versapod adapter.

Give him a ring and tell him what you want and he will make you one to your requirements,,,

He made me a beauty for my AI Aw

Darrel

Give him a ring and tell him what you want and he will make you one to your requirements,,,

He made me a beauty for my AI Aw

Darrel

I'm in the process of doing that now. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Mark

Hi

Thanks for your enquiry, in answer to your questions.......

2 types of BR, long range (600 and 1000 yards) and short range (100 and 200 yards)

The rules differ slightly between the 2 but here goes.

Short Range

Light Varmint --- rifle must weigh less than 10.5 lbs all up, no muzzle break and cannot have a forend wider than 3"

Heavy Varmint ---- same as light varmint, but max weight is 13.5 lbs

In the UK we all shoot as HV as there are not that many of us!

Sporting Rifle ---- any other rifle that does not fit the above classes

Long Range

Light Gun ---- rifle must weigh less than 17 lbs all up, no restriction on forend with, muzzle brakes are allowed, must be single shot

Heavy Gun ---- as above except NO WEIGHT LIMIT!

Factory Sporter ---- out of the box factory rifles, no restocking, no trigger changes etc (original trigger may be lightened, but NOT replaced), magazines can be used if fitted at the factory.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please just ask, come along to Diggle and you will be made more than welcome.

We have a 600 yard BR shoot tomorrow starting at 10am, bring 20 rounds for the comp plus sighters.

Cheers

Bruce

Hi i am looking at starting target shooting not sure what class yet but what would be a good day to come to diggle for a look and chat about joining.

Cheers

pc1

Hi i am looking at starting target shooting not sure what class yet but what would be a good day to come to diggle for a look and chat about joining.

Cheers

pc1

Any weekend - except this one coming - turn up between 10.00am and 4.00pm and I'll be there.

If you want to e-mail me to let me know, it's vinceb@targetshooteronline.com Postcode is OL3 5LB

Any weekend - except this one coming - turn up between 10.00am and 4.00pm and I'll be there.

If you want to e-mail me to let me know, it's vinceb@targetshooteronline.com Postcode is OL3 5LB

Cheers TGP i will send you an email

I've sent you an email.

• 2 weeks later...

Better than wood??

Darrel

Thanks for the info Darrel. I ordered one from Dave at Shooting Shed and its the bees knees and the dogs Bo***cks too.

Iam not in the same league as those boys,my harris bipod would look well out of place.

We all started with bipods way back when and some still do, so you will not get the p*ss taken out of you (but expect it as we all extract the urine out of anyone and expect it back) so do not worry about your kit ok, Diggle shooters are a friendly bunch and will tell you anything you want to know, so just ask ok.

See you there. Les

i am looking forward to coming over in 2 weeks even though am not shooting. And i prommis not to take the p**s or wind to many people up :D

Archived