Help with my Anschutz 1517 HMR

Tubs

Was out today with my Anschutz 1517 HMR just having a go at some targets and i started to notice a problem which seems to be getting worse. I load the gun and close the bolt as normal squeeze the trigger through the first stage feeling the weight of the second stage then feel the trigger go all the way through the second stage but without the shot going off, I then wait about a minute pointing the shot in a safe direction and still no bang. So i lift the bolt handle up and here the bolt cock again then i try again and it fires as it should this then went on for the next 20 rounds i even tried other ammo and same again.The gun is standard and i have never tried anything with the trigger since i got the gun from new. I have cleaned the bolt and checked the firing pin and spring in the bolt all normal and no dirt in the way. Im not sure what to do next is this common. The gun has been faultless and great up until now. Any help welcome thanks.

Was out today with my Anschutz 1517 HMR just having a go at some targets and i started to notice a problem which seems to be getting worse. I load the gun and close the bolt as normal squeeze the trigger through the first stage feeling the weight of the second stage then feel the trigger go all the way through the second stage but without the shot going off, I then wait about a minute pointing the shot in a safe direction and still no bang. So i lift the bolt handle up and here the bolt cock again then i try again and it fires as it should this then went on for the next 20 rounds i even tried other ammo and same again.The gun is standard and i have never tried anything with the trigger since i got the gun from new. I have cleaned the bolt and checked the firing pin and spring in the bolt all normal and no dirt in the way. Im not sure what to do next is this common. The gun has been faultless and great up until now. Any help welcome thanks.

Take it to your nearest gun smith,,,,

How old and how many rounds as it had through it/???

Could just be dirt in the trigger...

Darrel

I get this with mine (regularly abused) Annie. I read the click as 'time to clean me'. Crud builds up on the barrel chamber face and extractor groove in the barrel. Very difficult to see, but gives the symptoms you describe.

Hi Tubs,

Difficult to analyse at a distance. Take it to a proper gunsmith who has a degree of technical knowledge about rifles and who is not just a shopkeeper or shop assistant with a 'Gunsmiths' sign hung outside. Obvious problems could be headspacing (chamber or cartridge rims), weak mainspring, trigger adjustment or build up of crud between firing pin shoulder and interior of bolt.

Why not contact the importers? They are in your neck of the woods,

All the best,

Alan

Thanks for the replies i got the gun from sgc in exeter and i dont know of a riflesmith in my area only the sort that want to sell the guns to you and get you set up. Ive spoken to a friend at my local indoor gun club and he said its most likely dirt and crap in the trigger box/ mechanism and you can take this off easily and clean it up with a oily toothbrush ,The gun has only shot about 2000 rounds and i clean the barrel and chamber and lightly oil the bolt rails after every outing but i dont have a bore guide for this rifle would that make any difference.

Archived