Nightforce illumination problems and duplex or mildot

sniper

Hello all, I'm looking for advice. I have a Nightforce 5.5-22x50 nxs. I believe its the CH-3 reticle. Its on a Sako TRG .308. I was down at a range shooting 150yds and really struggled with the fine reticle on the dark/black centre of the targets. Obviously i should have the illumination on but it was not working so i thought the batterry must be dead. I have tried another batterry but no illumination. The last time i was trying the rifle/scope i turned up the illumination as per manual but not think it was great but now i its not working at all. I was very delicate when turning up the illumination and made sure nothing was forced. I'm on my way out to get another batterry and see how it goes. If no joy i'm looking to get another scope. Thinking about a Leupold mk4 Tactical 8.5-22x50 LR/T M1. Is it going to be on par with the Nightforce and which is reticle is best for Long range work, mildot or duplex? thanks

Stating the obvious but have you checked you have the battery in the right way round. Also if you adjust the illumination control too far clockwise it will not be bright enough to see at all, try adjusting it a little anticlockwise and see if that works.

I've had a similar issue in the the reticle dimmer are very short / sensitive and go from blinding bright to non existent in a very short turn.

I found that if you gently alter the screw you can just hold the screw cap cover on and the reticle will still light up to get it right.

Back to nightforce rather than bin it I would say?

Gandy

Ok Lads, thanks for the advice. Yes i have the batterry in correct but the illumination screw is now turning without any stop now. Does anyone know the turnaround time if i send it to Nightforce via Sportsman? thanks

And-sgc will stiff you for postage.

Archived