Reloading bench / range table designs

jungle_re

Anyone have any links for designs suitable for both? There is a NRA design in reloading digest (i think) but it doesn't really meet both uses.

Or even photos of your own reloading bench?

I have some nice 3" thick timber acclimatising in the conservatory whilst i'm away ready to be chucked through the planner/thinckness once I get home but need some inspiration for design

Cheers Will

Hi Will,

Just make it solid and big enough to fit the space available. A well braced bench with a 3" thick top should be ideal. For me a top which is 35-36" from floor level is just perfect. Give some thought to the positioning of legs and braces so they do not interfere with fixing bolts for presses, vices, etc.

Alan

Jesus Pork Chop thats awesome home made range table, nice one.

Good point Alan and thanks for the height dimensions. It will be a bit more or a traditional table style I don't have the skill to do something like Pork chops but I might make an extension piece that replicates the cut out though

Cheers guys

Jesus Pork Chop thats awesome home made range table, nice one.

Good point Alan and thanks for the height dimensions. It will be a bit more or a traditional table style I don't have the skill to do something like Pork chops but I might make an extension piece that replicates the cut out though

Cheers guys

i keep telling my mate that but he wont have it :lol: seems ive posted a pic of his rifle heres one of my baby

This is the bench in my reloading room.

We moved house recently, and my only stipulation was a ground floor armoury and reloading room. Its not finished yet, but i,m getting there.... :D

IMG_1470_zpseba01c96.jpg

I find that old kitchen units are a good height and the kitchen worktops are plenty sturdy enough to mount a press.

I got myself a long shed and put an insulated compartment in the end. Its good being outside the house as no distractions.

Rup

reloadingroomsmall.jpg

Ive just bought a new shed which ive yet to insulate then im going to be building my bench as at the moment in my old shed i use 2 desks so this will be a complete new set up when i get home in march will do a few pics of b4 and after..but for ideas of what kind of bench you may like check out the link lots of pics.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=42&t=262015

i'm looking forward to seeing most of the pictures once i get out of Africa and back to bandwidth.

That whalen is nice but there is no way the bread knife would have it in the house and i can't reload in the workshop as it looks like one of them health and safety pictures where you have to circle the issues

Archived