nite site ns 200

204 rem

im thinking of buying ns 200 for rat shooting with my air rifle, and foxing with my .204. could anyone give me any info on the picture quality out to 200 yards. i like the idea that it will fit on the scopes on any of my guns....does anyone recommend them. thanks

they are very good in that you can switch from scope to scope in seconds but forget 200 yds unless you are going to shoot at eyes.best used with a cheap ags scope,do not work at there best with leupold or other scopes with coatings.even though at 160 yds you can see a rabbit you can not see what is in the background unless its looking at you.i did a you tube bit (ns200 review by triggersqueezer) might help but i was using a leupold at the time,when i stuck a ags on it was much better.

I hada look tnrough one at a night vision meet in sheffield when they firt came out , TBH was not that impressed .three bits of kit stood out the PVS 14 ."very expensive" a archer also very exspensive and a home made set up using a Watec 902h cammera .this went out to at a guess 300 yrd and it cost about £300 to build .I am building one at the moment just need a battery anda dsa now

Mick

I bought one early Dec I"am still trying to get it set up so that when I do go into the field it will work smoothly, yes it is easily transferable from gun to gun, but I could not get it to work on my leupolds due to eye relief problems,So I now have it on a 4/16/44 Tasco and it works thru the mag range. The wired plug connection from the monitor into the camera is at best a sloppy fit, the switch for increasing the ir light is dodgy, Yes it does work as a camera down the scope to a monitor, I have it on a 17hmr before I put it on my .223, at 100yds its ok, grouping less than 1moa and true to the scopes zero. At night be aware of white out from bushes, trees, and the back of your moderateor, I have made a cone to transit from barrel dia to mod dia. for distance the built in ir is a bit over rated. I tried it with a light force 170 with a ir filter and thats a lot better, I may buy a nite master ir at the show to cut down on bulk, plus if you wear glasses for reading you will need them to see the monitor. And the monitor for me is also eye relief critical so I have made a forward reach tubed / scope clamp. I can see this being a £900/£1000 setup to be able to go from gun to gun, I will also need to increase Lenght of pull, to be in a comfortable position for a vermin shot. If you can get one for £200 it might be worth buying a scope to suit and additional ir illumination. Over all I could not recomend it, over priced and not user friendly,

I have allready sent it back, the monitor packed up, it was returned within the week.

I will put up a photo of the set up. if any body wants to see it.

204 rem , I brought a ns200 just before Christmas as well. I am really happy with it . I did a lot of research before buying at it seems very much like marmite...you either love it or hate it . I use mine on a Sako quad 17 hmr and this is fitted with a 3-12x56 docter optics scope, it works very very well . I can get eye at 300 plus yards, at 200 yards I can see rabbits and tell it's a rabbit. I don't shoot at that sort of distance at night with the 17 but walk into about 80-100 yards. I also use it on a Sako 75 223 . This is fitted with a sightron 6-24x50 LRMOA scope. At first the nite site was utter utter rubbish, I was very disappointed because I got it for mainly foxing. The picture on the screen was like looking through VERY thick fog , I could only see about 50 yards at the most. I spoke to nite site who said that some scopes can be like this and had nothing to recommend apart from buying a MTC scope!! I said that I don't really want to get rid of my £800 scope for a £200 scope bit of a backward step in my mind. I decided to have a play around with and have now got it to work :-) what I have done is push the tube that holds the camera on to the scope all the way until it stops then put the camera in but don't push it all the way in . This now works spot on , zoom works all the way up , no fogging on picture and again like the other scope can see eye shine at 320 plus yards and easily see rabbits at 200 yards. Like I said it can be fiddly to set up but once done seems to work very well, very happy with it.

Do a you tube search for marky610 he will show you how to build the whole set up .i am building one at the moment

I have the watec 902h £118 from evilbay

the 16mm lens £2.99 "

Battery £16 " "

cables from maplin £8

screen £16 from the bay

All I need now is a Day scope adapter £27

I have a night master 800 for illumination

Mick

have a look at the marky light too

• 3 weeks later...

just got mine put together .this is what it looks like "Crap photo from tablet" the results are excellent ,A very good clear image out to approx 300 yrd on 8x mag the image gets darker but is still shootable at 12 xmag .

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp131/mickaggy/20130218_214604-1.jpg?t=1361224108

Eye shine at a lot further .

mick

• 4 weeks later...
im thinking of buying ns 200 for rat shooting with my air rifle, and foxing with my .204. could anyone give me any info on the picture quality out to 200 yards. i like the idea that it will fit on the scopes on any of my guns....does anyone recommend them. thanks

UPDATE....After biting the bullet, i bought a brand new NS200 from my local gun shop for £550. On my first outing, it didnt seem to work very well on my leupold scope due to eye relief problems with the scope. I recently purchased a .22 hornet for my night shooting. The scope that came with hornet was a hawke 2.5x10x50 aluminated. I was going to change the scope, but decided to try the NS200 on the scope....it worked brilliantly. I could see a fox in the field very clear at 212 yards, but was unable to take the shot as no safe back stop. Now that its getting towards the end of lamping, im hoping to try the NS200 out on rats and rabbits.....Very impressed so far.......Verdict, works better on cheaper scopes

• 2 weeks later...

a friend built mine with a watec 902 camera and a modified maglight head and is all mounte on long pictinay rail , i have mounts upside down on scopes to take it

all in all bit fiddly to set up...think thats the secret with NV ..take time to set it up

but now im used to it ...5 mins beween rifles and focused

had a leupold on my .22 ... a vx1 vut got rid and bough a mtc mamba light ...has side paralax and made all the difference...works on my nightforces on centrefires but mtc better picture but not down grading my scopes

i like it and very surprising how quick you get used to shooting position

NVsetup.jpg

NVsetup2.jpg

NVsetup3.jpg

NVsetup4.jpg

paul

Archived