New Tactical Spotter fr Bushnel

Had some use of their 3-24 FFP military line scope last year - very nice.

Pity this series of optics are not brought into the UK!

Terry

LL of snipershide , has said , he is ditching his Spotter60 for one , so it msut be OK ?

I notice he's been embracing a few new products / brands out of the blue over the last year or so.

I'd be a little circumspect before assuming that there isn't a commercial driver to this new product evangelism. :ph34r:

Actually , he had one of the 1st Zeiss Spotter60s out in the US , and he gave it rave reviews etc even thou its 5k USD price point , and he was right in that really it was the only high end Spotter with a reticle in it available , so they had the market to them selves completely , shooters had no other options at all .

The Leupold MK4 is OK , but not great , so so glass , compared to Zeiss/German or HD etc , good for 1k USD price point , and not over that price .

when I got mine a few mths back , I could not beleive the crappy thin plastic caps & thier crap design , I posted that , only for LL to say yeap , his one has broken them and on his early model they cannot be replaced by the user , must go back to factory , also I find the power range to be crap , its way to high , very hard to aquire tgts in the field , the Spotter 45 ( 15-45 ) would be the better versions of the Zeiss jobbies , and its available w/H32 reticle now .

At 2k , and well under the 5k of the Zeiss Spotter ,yeap ( about 1/2 price ) , its a very good deal , and know shooters will have a option OTHER than a Zeiss Spotter60/45 .

I have no axe to grind , I buy my stuff with me own hard earned money , I donot sell scopes etc , BUT I try to be honest in my opinions , as thats what I would expect from any other shooter .

I also KNEW as soon as I brought a Zeiss they would have a better reticle than the " L " shaped reticle , I was after 1/2 mil hashs at least , and yeap , thanks Murphy , Spotter45 .

I am not a fan boy of Horus H32 , as they charge too much to use their reticles , and they are in a word BUSY , I look for Bushy to have a std Mil type reticle as well , and that should be 200-500 dollars cheaper .

Opps , I see the MK4s at 1.7k , thats way over priced for me , and I have used one , Opps , sh%t , Bad Chris , so YEAP at close to 2k , for 8-40x60mm , HD glass , yeap , i will be getting one sa soon as I can .

And yeap , I own a Zeiss Spotter60 , Opps

My eye cap/cover fell off with in a few minutes of me un packing it , and believe it or not , I could not figure out how to get it back ON , had to read the Bl$#y manual , tricky stuff , and I donot expect it to stay on long , it just not well enough designed for that .

Quite a few of us got the decent mk4 spotters for <$1000 from the Jordanian shipment that hit the UK last year.

The only issue I have with mine is I could do with the TMR ret and it is upside down when compared to the zeiss. But it does the job nicely.

Price wise a bushy needs to really perform to be considered a player at those prices.

Its got HD glass and is 1/2 price or under , the mag range is very friendly at 8-40x , mine at 20x is a complete waste of time , in reguards to fast tgt aquirisation , and even the Zeiss pics of it show the Zeiss RSA red dot sight as a tgt finder like astro scopes etc , that & as its made for the Mil , really BLACK rubber , even the old 30 yr old Bushys had green or camo rubber armour , so in quite a few ways disappointed in the Zeiss , If I had known before ordering of the little issues & the newer Spotter45 , I would have either Not brought a Zeiss spotter all together , or would at the least IF I had , gotten the 45 model .

Also they are thinking of a Canon EOS adapter for it .

The best bit of the new Bushy , is now at least we have more choice IF we want a spotter w/reticle & designed for field use etc .

Later Chris

The Leupold MK4 is OK , but not great , so so glass , compared to Zeiss/German or HD etc , good for 1k USD price point , and not over that price .

Don't know what Mk4 spotters you've used, but I think the glass is unlike anything else Leupold make; I'd put it almost on a par with Swaro.

Agree on the Zeiss Spotter; I've used a pal's quite a bit. If I'm honest I find it a bit underwhelming for the price; it's way bulkier and heavier and therefore more likely to be 'not taken' on a trip.

The min magnification is too high (can't remember what it is, but it doesn't go low enough for easy target acquisition) and the glass - well I'd guess it's better at the technical rather than practical level.

The 'upside down' zeiss configuration - I'm not sure who that's important too in the real world - if it's about concealment, the fellow on the rifle will be higher - I find it harder to use in the field (although I realise that maybe a re-learning thing from being used to Mk4s).

The bushnell - if it's a great budget and presumably Chinese, scope, that's great - but I can't understand why someone with a Mk4 would make the change. :)

Leupold make 2 types of Spotter , ones with reticles in ( ie MK4 s , with a assortment of reticles ) , these have std glass , they also make a HD version , it does not come with a reticle , at least that was how they use to be .

I actually thought the Zeiss was smaller in real life than , what I had imagined .

To me when a new MK4 is pushing 1.7k , and the bushy is at say the same price or just a bit higher , no brainer for me , I chose the Bushy .

They also have a neat little monocular 10x40mm with HD glass & reticle , that might me a neat piece of kit ?

Later Chris

Archived