ideas please

Hi folks i have a sako 75 in.22-250 that is really past its best looks wise. i got it very cheap and have shot it for 3 years now but am fancying a change.

I previously used to shoot a .25-06 and loved it, now i know that a rebarrel in this caliber is a no no with a sako action III but is there another caliber that would get close to the 06 off of a short action? Ideally i would like to be able to go for all uk deer species and as i get the chance to go to germany boar too ( a long shot, but if you don't ask and all that)

the rifle wears a mc millan sako stock and this also looks tatty but is very sound, so was wondering what would you guys do with it?

Many thanks, matt

I love the 6.5,s .

However, given your species to be shot , my personal choice would be 7mm-o8. It has a lot more knock down power than the 6.5 , but doesn,t have the brutal kick of a .308.

Factory ammo, off the shelf , and i would go reasonably short as in 22", and something like a rem varmint profile, but fluted to keep the weight down.

The calibre will allow a lightish gun, without mod or brake, and wont kick you to death.

Can you tell i hate .308,s :lol:

Rather shoot a 338 any day of the week.

Archived