Matrix Bullets Canada

Anyone know anything about this company.

The design of some of the hunting bullets with Rebated Boat Tail reminds me of a custom bullet maker called Richard Graves who made bullets specifically for Kirby Allens (Allen Magnums) in 7mm....

I digress

Anyway, they (Matrix), advertise a 7mm (190g VLD) with BC of .801......

Would be very interested to get hold of some samples for testing.

Also of note is that they are sponsors of the Canadian F Class Team....may be interesting if those guys are using these bullets at Raton in 2013.

Thoughts anyone

Hi Andy, I think likewise the Yanks will be using the new Berger which I'm sure will reach he UK after Raton!

Both these items are not battle proven as the 180 VLD so we I think will have the edge.

I like others tried to use Hybrids but went back to VLds they may trying new bullets literally shoot themselves in the foot.

Especially since our testing this year out there with certain powders shows we can get superior ballistics with low pressure ;):D

Also I think our pure professionalism and organisation on and off the fire point will be hard to match.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Grant weren't they Cauterucios that Gary was using?

Cheers

Dave

Guys

I shoot both cauterico and Matrix, sorry to say neither work as well as the Berger Hybrid and vld.

Grant is correct about Atholl I did ok nothing great and the BC is definitely not .80 in fact I would say no better than the Hybrid, Litz states a G1 BC 0f 0.673 and the hybrid 0f 0.674 and you cannot push the matrix as hard as the Berger.

They are pretty accurate but not found the sweet spot yet.

On the other had the 189 cauterico is a beast, proven BC average of 0.703 unpointed got them to shoot once, Ronin witnessed this at Bisley, I cleaned the target in 25 mph winds with an experimental barrel, however the damn thing never shot well again!! Back to the drawing board. To be honest I wasted most of this year dicking about, if I had stuck to proven bullets I would think my results would have been far better, however if you do not try these things you do not learn, I have another experimental barrel of a different config arriving next week so going to try this.

Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm but these are my findings, other problem with both bullets are almost impossible to get unless you have a U.S export licence and of course for the Matrix a Canadian export licence.

Cheers

G

The design of some of the hunting bullets with Rebated Boat Tail reminds me of a custom bullet maker called Richard Graves who made bullets specifically for Kirby Allens (Allen Magnums) in 7mm....

Hi 'Ronin',

It crossed my mind that Richard Graves might have been behind this company, seeing as his company; Wildcat bullets shared some of the design features.

No idea if he is involved though, the Canadian bullet making community must be pretty tiny, hence a good chance he is.

Cheers.

This an open invite...what chrono you two bought...

New action arrives tuesday, barrel will be done for new year and hopefully stock will arrive soon after..then testing for me too :)

New action arrives tuesday, barrel will be done for new year and hopefully stock will arrive soon after..then testing for me too :)

Magneto speed

https://www.marchscopes.co.uk/index.php/march-accessories/magnetospeed-chronograph

Borden action?

Of course it is an open invite Andy.

What we do is arrive and shoot on say Friday afternoon go out Friday night and have a meal and a few beers.

Shoot Saturday morning and may be afternoon and then head for home.

Looking forward to seeing the new toys.

Cheers

Dave

Wow, the chronograph looks very interesting - no light issues too.

I know the thread is going off on tangent by now!

Yes Ian - Rimrock, first one will be a WSM

• 4 weeks later...

Marshall Ambrose, the fellow that makes Matrix is a regular at the matches around here. I have had wonderful results with his 107 grain 6mm bullets and with his 142 grain 6.5mm bullets. One of our club members has been campaigning his 284 190's with tremendous success.

Of particular note, he makes a 175mm 6.8mm (.277) match VLD bullet. I have acquired a thousand of these and a barrel in an 8 twist. I am in the midst of creating a 6.8-284. I am quite excited about trying to make this work. It would be quite satisfying to achieve success and tell everyone you shoot a "270 bullet". :mellow:

Archived