Remington 700 LA bolt source?

PTG will no longer ship bolts under ITAR regulations. I can get you a replacement l/a bolt made if you supply your reciever.The rifle will also require reproofing.

Baldie, what sort of cost are we talking about to make a new one? I have a bolt, the bolt face is just too large in diameter for the .300 Win Mag case.

I think it is cheaper to get one from PTG than Edgar Bros!

You are looking at £400 plus proof. That includes fluting and a sako extractor.

What is the original out of ? It can only be 338 if its too big for a .300 win mag ?

You are looking at £400 plus proof. That includes fluting and a sako extractor.

What is the original out of ? It can only be 338 if its too big for a .300 win mag ?

My RFD reckons it is for .300 Rem Mag. Are you able to use the old bolt and just change the head?

I dont want to step on Daves toes Kyle as he knows what he is talking about but Riflecraft may be helpful as a bolt source.

MArk

Mark, thanks for that, will give them a call.

As another option, you could bush the BF and install a sako extractor in your existing bolt

Do you know where I could get this done and a rough cost?

Problem I have is the cost is going to be covered by a third party, and naturally they want to make sure they are paying for the cheapest solution, so I want to make sure I have explored all options! I want it resolved ASAP too, so I can shoot the flaming gun!

My RFD reckons it is for .300 Rem Mag. Are you able to use the old bolt and just change the head?

Get it checked with a caliper. Its highly unlikely to be a 338 bolt face, they are not common in the UK , the magnum bolt face is.

The bolt head cannot easily be changed.

Get it checked with a caliper. Its highly unlikely to be a 338 bolt face, they are not common in the UK , the magnum bolt face is.

The bolt head cannot easily be changed.

I assume he has checked it with a caliper, it came about as it wouldn't extract .300 Win Mag, so he changed the extractor, but the case head is still sloppy in the bolt head. Will check the diameter with him tomorrow.

As Danpd said, get it bushed.

It isn't hard and any competent gun plumber can do it for you. I've done a few, but I'm on a sabbatical in NZ.

No point buying a new bolt when all it will cost is the cost of a Sako Extractor, proof and an hours labour or so

Archived