Scope Cap

OSOK

Just though i'd mention this incase anyone else has had a similar issue . I've just had a new 5.5-22x50mm NXS scope for a rifle that had a 40mm objective previously and i knew i wouldn't get away with a 56mm . I wanted to keep the low Badger rings on the setup so when i came to fit the scope i found that there wasn't enoungh room for a Bulter or it was far to close for peace of mind .

By chance i had a 50mm Leupold Alumina flip up cap with sunshade so this is where it gets odd ;

The flip up fits perfectly onto the scope but it doesn't if you try to fit it to the NXS sunshade as it's a thread depth issue i think .

If you fit the Leupold sunshade to the NXS scope or NXS sunshade they fit like a glove with only a slight difference in overall diameter ( Leupold smaller )

So , if your in the same position it maybe cheaper to buy a Leupold flip up Alumina cap than higher mounts and you'll end up with a far better cap BUT if you have to use the sunshade then you'll need to buy a Leupold sunshade as well as the cap !

Hope this makes sense .

OSOK

PS. I can recommend the new MOAR Ret and the high speed tops !

Archived