Surgeon 591, bolt release?

ejg223

I am just building a stock for a Surgeon 591 action and Surgeon can't or does not want to supply

the information of where the bolt release is positioned and how large it is.

They wrote me that do not have a drawing of their action???

Anyway as the action is at a gunsmith in Switzerland I can't get the info.

Maybe someone has a rifle with that action and could let me know, say from centre rear action screw

where the cut-out must be positioned and how wide.

Thanks in advance.

edi

I haven't a 591 here at the moment, but I took comparison photographs a few years ago which may help you

_ASC0079.jpg

_ASC0075.jpg

_ASC0082.jpg

Edi,

If you need more info I have a 591 in a stock so if you are still struggling with detail give me a shout and I can pull it apart.

and FYI we have spoken recently about you making thr Sentinel stock under licence - this is becoming more likley and I'm proposing we send a stock over to you, we are also looking at making an F-Class version as there are no currently 'good' composite F-class stocks on the market (since Robertson went under)

Brgds

Terry

Edi,

If you need more info I have a 591 in a stock so if you are still struggling with detail give me a shout and I can pull it apart.

and FYI we have spoken recently about you making thr Sentinel stock under licence - this is becoming more likley and I'm proposing we send a stock over to you, we are also looking at making an F-Class version as there are no currently 'good' composite F-class stocks on the market (since Robertson went under)

Brgds

Terry

Thanks Terry,

we are thinking since a while about the F-Class stock and trying to dream up a design and internal build up that would cater for most inlets.

Thanks for the offer on the 591, I'll get back to you if I'm stuck. I'll print Ronins pictures first and measure which normally works ok.

I'll pm for the rest.

edi

Archived