Importing bullets from the USA

flyingfisherman

Im sure most people who do the rounds on the forums will have already seen the thread on SD but here it is. Could be quite an interesting development if it is right..

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/51806-Importing-expanding-missiles-from-abroad-BASC-clarify-position

admin, i hope you dont take umbridge to me posting links? feel free to remove if i have broken any rules..

Im sure most people who do the rounds on the forums will have already seen the thread on SD but here it is. Could be quite an interesting development if it is right..

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/51806-Importing-expanding-missiles-from-abroad-BASC-clarify-position

admin, i hope you dont take umbridge to me posting links? feel free to remove if i have broken any rules..

And what is the legal position regarding EXPORTING them from the US now? I understood they couldnt export them, courtesy of the Patriot Act or whatever. I worry that if the package with my name and adress on it is stopped and they look into it it could affect my movements in and out of the States. They have no sense of humour about this sort of thing if you are in the wrong

To export bullets or brass from the US legally you need an export permit obtained from an FFL registered to process such.

This basic tennant has been the case for many years.

If I was on a real PC I'd post some replys from the State Department clarifying this ?

Now a lot of folks 'get away' obtaining bullets etc. by different methods, good luck but don't get caught :)

Terry

abolter, that was one of my first questions.. that of export from the USA. be interesting to see how people get on and also if BASC can clarify this.

Another thought was that if it was that easy, many RFDs etc would be doing this already..

terry.. whats a FFL? And whose responsibility is it to ensure restricted items dont get sent outside of the USA? the sender or the recipient?

abolter.. ive just ordered a load, ive put them under your name and to your address. hope u dont mind! lol

Flyfish

FFL = Ferderal Firearms Licence (holder) = UK RFD

The fact that anyonevis a US FFL is absolutly nothing to do with eir ability to export items controlled by ITAR regs. They also have to be registed with the State department to access the (now) online export permit prcessing system. This costs them money to register and $250 per export permit. They also use this system to obtain the necessary paperwork to ship any firearms or firarms related good e.g. Bullets.

Ref. import, your FAC is permission enough for personnal imports and any importer in the UK should have and open import license if they are any good.

As to responsability, whoever ships the goods from the US end is responsable and infringment is a Federal offence = Fort Levenworth, no remission :o hence the rabid fear by a lot of US companies to ship outside the US. If you hand carry on a plane (not a recognised method for legal export BTW) and get caught it can end in a serious fine and travel problems for the person later.

Terryo

It really is NOT worth the risk without proper Export Licence paperwork, which then makes any savings made via the exchange rate neglibible unless you bring in a pallet load...

My advice, dont bother.

Archived