TDS Reticule

kip270

Hi Guy's,

Has anybody used the TDS reticule, I have a 4-16x50 on my Sako 75 25-06, but haven't had chance to use it yet (just ordered a hinged knee brace so I can get out with my ACL injury until my Op!!).

Cheers

Kip

I had a TDS 3-12 years back; worked all this out; maybe of use to you (presumably the subtensions are all the same).

Great highland stalking reticle.

tds.jpg

Kip

I had a scope with the TDS reticle and liked it a lot. I now have the BR reticle. What I have done is run the on-line calculator at a number of different magnifications and then printed a .pdf of each result. I then stitched the .pdfs together in order and store the .pdfs on my iPhone. If I go to a range, I can have a look at the sheet and generally pick a dot or step on the ladder to get me started.

Regards JCS

I use them on .243, 25-06 and 6.5x47 lapua. Zero at 200y and the bars will correspond to 300, 400, 500 and 600 with the 25-06. Or zero the first bar at 300 and drop back to 100/200 and see what the centres doing. Great scope for a 300y hunting rifle. Some push them further but you really need bigger animals and or perfect conditions. Not as precise as dialing, but very good. I shot a roebuck on friday with my 6.5, the bars on that are at 275, 375, 475 and 600, 1.8" high at 100, shot him heart/lung at 268y in a 15 mph crosswind, held on the front of his shoulder with the first bar-bullet dropped in exactly as expected. You do need to learn the drop, i dont mess around with different mags, its either 24x for a long shot in good conditions or i just use the centre of the ret and get closer for the sub 200y shot.

Had one on my 7-08, it worked really well for chest shooting deer out to 300 yard.

Didn't bother working it out for longer ranges as I feel that is a maximum range for me without dialing the turrets for more precise POI.

Good luck with your testing...

Archived