new toy

Guest steyrman2

Guest steyrman2

well i was in a lads house this evening he has broadband and i was looking at youtube at the accuracy international on it its 15 mins long worse thing i have done now i have a horn for one :) were do you stop do you want to stop i cant stop aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i will keep the sako for a while put it thru its paces so far so good but i use a steyr tac elite in 308 shoot every bit as good just like the power and feel of the 338 have a few concrete blocks tomorrow to smoke ;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest steyrman2

hi well put new scope on rifle zeiss 6x24x72 witha 63 ret started again shooting at 100 good groups same at 200 i made up a few 180 grain b tips well 300 yards tight 2" groups at 400 groups 3 to 4 inch groups went to 500 holding steady 4" groups should be a good hunting its a new rifle and going to take a while to tighting groups but that is half the battle round have some 250 grain lapuas to play with at the weekend biggest job is cleaning the rifle r19 dirty powder its running 93.5 grains as for the cement blocks well lets just say balls of smoke :P

Sounds good steyrman, alliant is the worst powder I have used for fouling, just a pity its always seem to shoot so well. At 93grains you wouldnt get too many strokes of the powder measure handle to load couple of cases. Imagine what it would do to a rabbit?

Steyrman,

It looks the business, best of luck with it. Two part article in Target sports on 338 lapua Jan and Feb, I haven't seen Feb issue yet. Have you been out with it yet?

It is a good read, despite the mention of LM105's and fast twist barrels that I was hoping to do an exclusive build around ;)

Sounds like the rifle is going to be a keeper if it shoots that well.

Hope my new purchases come soon then I can start my own 338 "with a difference" build :P

I have shot the old 338 lap a few times when Iv been invited shooting with the army :P , do your self a favour put a brake or a can on the end unless you like something that slaps a bit :P ,

It is a tool that gets out there and has plenty of energy at the other end , if you ever get the oppotunity and take it stalking try shooting a beast from about 500yrds away, you will be amazed in the way the deer will drop its legs just collapse from under it :) as long as you put it in the right place that is,make sure there isnt another one standing behind or you will drop the two, or could that be a good thing ;)

Archived