6.5 creedmoor

baldie

Rebarrelled my AR10 [Armalite] last saturday in 6.5 creedmoor.

IMG_1360_crop_zps5aedf0f0.jpg

IMG_1361_crop_zps723d0ac9.jpg

Fitted it with a JP brake and a Daniel Defence lite rail.

Tried 40 rounds through it with 140 grain A-max,s and was pleasantly surprised to see 3/4" then 1/2" groups appearing. This was with no load developement, saami OAL,s and a 16 power scope hampering the job somewhat.

It should have a shiny new Kahles onboard by the end of the week. :D

Boy is that brake efficient. This case burns 40 grains of powder, and recoil is like a .223.

Cant wait to do some serious testing with 123 scenars once we,ve moved house.

Looking nice.

Nice to see someone else on the forum using a 6.5 CM at last, been enjoying mine for a while now mine loves the140 vld's, amazing accuracy,

recoil what recoil...

running mine on 41.8 grains of Accurate 4350 and leaving at that as probably won't better it.

PJ.

I intend to try a variety of bullets Pat, including those...if they will go in the mag, which i think they will, due to the case design. :)

No extraction problems Danny. I could just feel a slight tightness on maximum loads. Nothing to worry about.

I really want to achieve 3000 fps with a 123 scenar out of it. That would be my goal for a reasonably priced round, usable in large numbers.

It would be a very good mcqueens gun.

Those JP brakes are great arent they. I have one on my .300Winmag. I'm unsure if they are much more efficient than the Holland brakes but they certainly look the part.

The biggest drawback with mine was actually getting one out of brownells. They were on back order for 11 months.

Mark

Archived