swiss arms rifles

Heres a small link

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/archiv...hp?t-94017.html

Looks like they are or were San Swiss Arms - who are or were Sig.

A mate was thinking about one, but ended up with a Blaser. I think the Swiss Arms have alloy receivers as the bolt locks into the barrel, so the receiver is not stressed (I may be wrong).

Please can you go back to the bolnde avitar - it was so much better.

David.

I may be mistaken but wasnt the SHR a modular design, similar to the Mauser 66's, (swap barrels fairly easy - providing same bolt face case used)

+1 on the avatar ;)

Ronin

They were a switch barrel design but alas are no longer made. they were just too damn good for the money, equally as good as the Sauer and the reason they stopped making them

So in short if you find one it wont be a bad buy, especially the Alpine with the integral weaver rail on the reciever. Accurate, comfy and very well built. ;)

Cheers lads. Im interested in how they will last etc and what they bloody look like. Kal if I find an Alpine Ill certainly consider it!! Is that the syn/stainless with the fluted barrel? ;)

Bloody good rifle, my 6.5x55 shot like hell, this was the Early model but was just fine. The Ilafon coating is ok but Duracoat sticks to it :D so im not how the non stick theory holds up! ;) As for lasting the Swiss are well known for over engineering so I wouldnt worry about it.

The Alpine is the fluted barrel model.

Nutty, a friend of mine has something like that in 270.

He is extremely happy with it. (A real meat getter)

I epoxy bedded the the action which improved things.

The action seemed very wobbly in the plastic stock.

edi

Archived