Service - US Style

Ronin

I ordered a few items from the Brownells site late friday afternoon, bits like bases and rings etc, nothing to get customs hot and bothered :rolleyes:

Recieved a shipping message later that day.

Brown van delivered the goods at 14:00hrs this afternoon.

Time to move I think - never had service like that in good old blighty :rolleyes:

thats bloody quick ronin, I dont even get stuff that quick from over there where you guys are!

Ronin,

You will never get service like that here in the Uk simply because Mr joe public does not demand it, unlike our US brethren.

The majority of Brits are to scared of confrontation to do anything about the third rate service we get here, and sadly the same goes for everyhting else as well

Last year in a Macdonalds i was fed up of waiting for my families meal, i went to the counter, demanded my money back and told them what i thought of their service in a loud enough voice so that all the other families who just sat there and tutted over the wait heard me

The whole place was stunned into silence with gasps at the thought of someone complaining.

I almost felt as if i had done something wrong, then i thought "NO"not my problem and marched my family out.

Ian.

I have also had some great service from sinclairs,and cabelas sometimes delivery times beat that of the uk ,and provided i dont get charged import tax i can save a packet

+1 Vermincinerator

I too called Brownells for two action screws, stripped one of my Sako's after a tw*t of a gunsmith loctite'd the screw in ;)

Ordered Fri pm, arrived here on the Wednesday AM cost to me $5. Local UK importer wouldn't sell them to me I had to order thro' a dealer........... for two large ice cream screws what broccoli and I told em and they wanted nearly £30. State side every time for me.

Another Vote for the US customer servce from me - last october i ordered abrand new leupold scope from the states and it was here in three days - every supplier over here told me at least a 2 week wait ( and it was twice the price i paid from the states) ;)

I have had excellent service from Brownells and Bass-Pro shops, also Sinclairs and Lilja, good prices too. I am less happy with Cabelas, they subscribe to the cartel which doesnt supply anything to the UK which has an importer here. Fishfinders and parts in particular for one. I have an excellent supplier for such things in California who also gives first class service.

We put up with bad service and ridiculous profit margins here, but do nothing about it and many European suppliers conspire to keep it so despite so called anti cartel legislation.

It can be changed but enough people have to make a noise about it and not be put off.

I am not European I'm British and intend to remain that way. Ooh very un-pc!!

Redfox

Can we still get scopes delivered from the US & will they still ship em?

Yes you can and yes some will - i can give you a good guy from ebay in the us who will send you a good quility scope and it will be here in less than a week guarenteed

Archived