4 in one evening !!!

mattrem700

Evening all !!!

Just thought id write a short piece on my highseat event !!

This happened yesterday evening ( Saturday ) My gamekeeper mate has been mentioning about a few foxes which he hasnt got time to deal with , he's rear ALOT of birds from day old's , so i thought maybe i can help !!

Got to his 4-30 and we set off to put up the highseat along side a hedge between 2 Rape stubble fields , he tell's there are 3 around the area seen by comine drivers whilst harvest the OSR .

We enter the field and low and behold MR Charlie is standing in the corner , he just skulks back into the wood unbothered . Im thinking to myself maybe this could be a good evenings shooting !!! Putting the highseat up we postion it so i have view of the hedge in front of me , the wood front to the left and another wood to the right . All postions covered !!!

I arrive at the seat at 8ish oclock , get seated and comfortable , do a bit of rangefinding far hedge 315m , bulge in wood front 200m check !!

I sit for about 30mins and i hear some comotion from behind , out pops little bushy tail right next to me ! Winding down the scope to 5x mag i bowl him over around 40m away . Yes he was close !!

30 more mins pass . 2 cubs are playing on the far hedge , i start squeeking and they come running up the hedge to me . Thwack!! He's down at just over 100m , he's mate run's out into the field . Thwack! He's over at around 220m .

Im thinking this is one of the best evening's out ive had !! My mate comes picks me up , tell him the good new's and he's a happy chappie !

Drivning back around the headland a pair of eye's shine up in the truck light's . He squeeks him up , Thwack ! Number 4 in the bag !!

Well chuffed , and im seriously impressed with 6.5 x47 which ive just got they dont get up from a 123gr Amax !!

Bit long winded , thanks for reading :)

Matt

Cheers for the replies !

Si-snipe , my load is 38.5 gr of Varget 2.75 OAL . They easily shoot .5" @ 100m . I'M still suffering an occasional pierced primer . I do have some N550 to try once I've shot my varget loads out .

6 for me in the last 2 nights , we will finish harvesting here today only 170 acres to go :)

6 for me in the last 2 nights , we will finish harvesting here today only 170 acres to go :)

Thats good to hear spud-just think how many birds you would loose if those 6 were still on the ground.

4 for me and my crew on Tuesday night, all this years cubs but missed the last one of the evening, bugger would have been a better evening if I'd have made it 5 out of 5, lots of p--s taken out of me by my crew, got to expect it I suppose. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived