Will it be hard to sell a Daystate MK 3 FAC?

shooter79

Evening all,

I'm looking to sell my Daystate MK 3 TH but the more people i speak to the more i feel its a lost cause. The air rifle was upgraded to FAC .177 last year by Daystate along with a battery change and service including new O rings. I will even include the optic (Hawke illuminated mill dot). I think it will be hard enough looking for some one with FAC air on their ticket to start with.

Any way if you think you can help with a ball park selling figure please share your thoughts below.

Regards

Carl.

I've moved on several FAC air guns including Rapids and Ripley's over the years and to be honest they can be a pain to sell, you may get lucky and sell it quick, if all else fails you can send it back to Daystate and get them to convert it back to 11.5ft lbs then you will have a more marketable gun.

To give you an idea how FAC air guns de value I bought a new 55lbs Ripley XL9 for about £1100 when I came to sell it I struggled to get £350 for it and it was mint! I would have perhaps got £5-700 had it been 12ftlbs.

I've just seen two Daystate examples for between £475 and £650 as a trade sale.

Depends how you want to sell it, how fast and best compromise. I'm looking for a .22FAC and will only buy new but that's my personal preference. Hope this helps. David

I've moved on several FAC air guns including Rapids and Ripley's over the years and to be honest they can be a pain to sell, you may get lucky and sell it quick, if all else fails you can send it back to Daystate and get them to convert it back to 11.5ft lbs then you will have a more marketable gun.

To give you an idea how FAC air guns de value I bought a new 55lbs Ripley XL9 for about £1100 when I came to sell it I struggled to get £350 for it and it was mint! I would have perhaps got £5-700 had it been 12ftlbs.

I thought that once an air rifle is classed as FAC, it can not be declassified...

I thought that once an air rifle is classed as FAC, it can not be declassified...

I'm not sure then, when I tried to sell my Ripley I asked about having it reduced to 12ftlbs and was told it could be done but it would be very expensive so I didn't persue it any further.

I,ve got a Stalker Tiger Ten FAC sitting here in mint condition £300, been here nearly four years now the only rifle I have never been able to sell. The only type of rifle Iwould never buy again

Archived