remmy case ejection

Hi guys

Quick question for the gunsmiths among us,i have a remmy 700 in 308 which shoots a treat but i am having a few problems with case ejection in that it does not kick the case out like other remmys i have tried and some times i end up with a spent case left in the action which i have to pry out myself.I am sure someone will have come across this before and will have an answer

Thanks

William

Have you been using hot loads?Little slivers of brass{or any crud for that matter} can jam the plunger in the bolt face.It has happened to me a few times while developing new loads.Easy enough to check , i usually just press in the plunger with somthing pointy which usually unsticks whatevers causing the jam.Worth a try maybe?

I have had similar issues in the past... cured with a dab of light oil on the ejector and 'working' it a few times to free it off either because its new and stiff or due to crud.

William,

Also give the 'claw' opposite the ejector plunger a good 'tooth brushing' if brass shavings get behind this bit it cannot flex, this in turn 'drops' the case, leaving it sitting in the action.

One of the reasons people install a Sako extractor, shown nicely here :

Brgds

Terry

i had this problem on mu 300rum , there just wasnt enough extractor purchase. fitted a sako extractor and never looked back ! having said that though my 308 and 260 both run bog standard extractors and there fine?

Thanks for the replies

I had already tried cleaning everything but it made no odds,my load is 44 of varget behind a 167 scenar so i dont think that should be to blame.I have noticed that the plunger in my bolt is easier to depress than others i have tried,is it possible the spring needs replacing?Has anyone heard of this being the problem before

Cheers

William

Archived