Reloading room vice

1967spud

Can anybody reccomend a not to exspensive vice suitable for my reloading room , it doesnt need to be to big but needs relative soft/brass jaws. it will be used for jobs like thread cleaning on oal cases and holding small bits whilst i dremel them.

Can anybody reccomend a not to exspensive vice suitable for my reloading room , it doesnt need to be to big but needs relative soft/brass jaws. it will be used for jobs like thread cleaning on oal cases and holding small bits whilst i dremel them.

I use one of these, very cheap and cheerful, I think screwfix do something similar to it http://www.lidl.com.mt/static_content/lidl_mt/images/MT/MT_71611_01_b.jpg

There is a gunroom German made vice, goes by the name Bisley gun vice, but it's plenty of cash

Any vice will do of normal size any way.

The Bisely vice is made by Lothar Walther.

I have a 6" machine vice thats pretty old.

I have a detachable soft jaw set up that doesnt mark anything - these are sold by Brownells

My favorite vice was cigarette smoking but that's bad in a reloading room.:)

For a bench vise, I would find any good make and fit it with a set of hard-wood jaws. Better than brass and rubber and easy to replace.~Andrew

Any small metal work vice, and put some softwood jaws on it or hardwood if you want harder jaws, Ive got plenty of wood if you need some.Another trick I use is put a woodwork vise on your bench and bolt your metalwork vice to a block of wood, when you need it just put it in the woodwork vice. Now even I am confused.

Archived