Sporting Rifle

legion

I have just bought a copy of the sporting rifle from smiths- how disapointing. I have read a few back issues and found the content very informative, but the new look aimed at a commercial market seems very poor. Can anyone recommend a magazine available that has a more technical content aimed at rifle shooting purists and not just more re hashed articles about shooting another wild boar, red stag or charlie.

Sporting shooting with Pete Moore is far more interesting but seems to be getting mainsteam with more shotgun and airgun articles in every issue- shame as i like Petes no nonsense approach to evaluating equipment.

I stopped my subscriptions to all of the UK magazines some time ago. There seemd to be no depth to the testing and Pete Moore's mangling of the English language and vague reporting was too much to bear; you never saw test groups, you just got comments like "....typically grouped around the inch so not too shabby...." and rubbish like that.

I now subscribe to:

Precision Shooting - a monthly magazine for the accuracy purist

Varmint Hunter - a quarterly for the hunter/varmint shooter

Small Calibre News - for those interested in, you guessed it, small calibres.

These are all US magazines and are not cheap but build into a comprehensive library over time.

Cornishman

Cornishman I went the exact same way as you, the only uk mag I get is target sports for the rifle stuff, I also get small calibre news and Varmint hunter magazine, I am going to try and get a copy of that precision rifle I have heard good things.

Cornishman I went the exact same way as you, the only uk mag I get is target sports for the rifle stuff, I also get small calibre news and Varmint hunter magazine, I am going to try and get a copy of that precision rifle I have heard good things.

Can anyone advise me on how to go about subscribing to Target sports magazine. Sorry if its a silly question, but not sure on how to go about it. :o

Can anyone advise me on how to go about subscribing to Target sports magazine. Sorry if its a silly question, but not sure on how to go about it. :o cheers

How do I contact the American ones guys? Is there an email or web site I can go to?

Finally Which one is the easiest to understand, I'm not into too much technical jargon where you need an engineering degree to understand it. I just want to learn in plain english (or american as the case maybe)

OA

Target Sports - excellent mag (i'm a contributor :rolleyes::( )

The US has far more choice of hard copy materiel than over here, but you will pay for it - the last time I purchased a Varmint Hunter magazine it was about £7.

There are numerous accuracy based internet forums where there is a wealth of information and decent people who are willing to advise.

6mmBR

Benchrest Central

Longrange hunting

Accurate Reloading

etc etc etc

Guest 308Panther

If you know the name of the US mag....

Generally google it...or thrw a www. in front of the name and a dot com

after the name....

Most ya can subscribe to from their web sites.

308Panther

Archived