custom rifle price help! 6mmbr A5 jewle

IMAGE_438.jpgHi guys

im considering a change rifle wise & was wondering wht my rifle would be worth!

its a 6mmbr

stainless lawton action(multi shot but has a single shot follower in there but i have the box mag bits)

1-8twist 27" pacnor super match sendro varmint proile hidden thread protector & screwcut!

mcmillan a5 adustable

custom tacticool bolt knob in stainless!

third eye 20moa rail

jewle top saftey trigger

rifle is fully piller bedded into action again by neil

rifle has been slury blasted & all work done by neil aka dasherman!

rnd count is low 400s ( i know to the bullet but would have to check!)

its a VERY acurate rifle shoots 55g noslers & 105g amax into tiny bug holes!(yes light & heavys!)

very good condition in fact i dont think ive put a mark onit !

anyways if u guys could give me a ideah that would be fantastic

here she is

cheers Andy

The eternal question!its like any thing else -a car- a bike- a painting its only worth what you or anyone else is prepared to pay.if you break down the parts involved and i dont know there costs BALDIE OR BROWN DOG will be better at that,then its a expensive bit of kit to put together but as i assume its 2nd hand then it removes the new tag,and makes it cheaper.if its what you are after and you think the price is fair and you can afford it then buy it!

the old saying rings true"dont look a gift horse in the mouth" you may regret it later.

The eternal question!its like any thing else -a car- a bike- a painting its only worth what you or anyone else is prepared to pay.if you break down the parts involved and i dont know there costs BALDIE OR BROWN DOG will be better at that,then its a expensive bit of kit to put together but as i assume its 2nd hand then it removes the new tag,and makes it cheaper.if its what you are after and you think the price is fair and you can afford it then buy it!

the old saying rings true"dont look a gift horse in the mouth" you may regret it later.

DOH!just realised its your rifle and not one your looking at,still hold true for someone else.

Dont know what you paid new price Andy, but my guess would be based on this

Lawton Action 1000

Barrel - 250

Trigger - 200

Stock - 600

Rail - 100

Maybe overall cost new was circa 3500 after one factors in the build costs (you could pay double or even more depending who did it ...)

So with 400 rounds through it and in (as it looks) mint condition, id value it at around 2200 - 2500

Whether you got that for it is up to who is in the market for a quality rifle...

Hey Andy, Just as a matter of interest, what cal are you thinking of to replace this one.

Cheers, Tony

Lawton Action 1000

Barrel - 250

Trigger - 200

Stock - 600

Rail - 100

Maybe overall cost new was circa 3500 after one factors in the build costs (you could pay double or even more depending who did it ...)

So with 400 rounds through it and in (as it looks) mint condition, id value it at around 2200 - 2500

Whether you got that for it is up to who is in the market for a quality rifle...

thanks for that Andy food for thought for sure!

cheers Andy

Hey Andy, Just as a matter of interest, what cal are you thinking of to replace this one.

Cheers, Tony

Hi tony

6br again tony but a smaller rifle all rnd!

think mag fed truck gun/foxer!

I may not bother depends really!

cheers for everyones input!

Andy

Always thought as a rule of thumb for secondhand prices = new price x 0.7 or if secondhand to start with a bit less than you paid all inline with current scondhand values of course. Some seem to think that just because it cost them x amount it should be a percentage of that eh not if you paid far too much for it to begin with.

Very nice rifle Andy im sure you wont have any problem shifting it. What sort of weight is it. You after a sporter weight 6 br

Hi Jamie

yes it is a very good rifle

im half thinking now i may have a detachable mag system fitted & the tube lopped off @ 22"

im in no rush to do anything tho lol

I did get ur pm mate but for some reason cant reply????

cheers Andy

Skany just had my 243ai lopped off at 22'' not 6mmbr I know but I was not sure like you but one of the best things I ever done so much more managable may have lost a bit of velocity but still just as accurate

just thought I'd let you know! Looks like a lovely rifle who did the build for you?

Rob

Skany just had my 243ai lopped off at 22'' not 6mmbr I know but I was not sure like you but one of the best things I ever done so much more managable may have lost a bit of velocity but still just as accurate

just thought I'd let you know! Looks like a lovely rifle who did the build for you?

Rob

dasherman built it mate!

Im not woried about lossing a bit of mv if its mainly foxing rifle

time will tell lol

cheers Andy

• 6 months later...

Lawton Action 1000

Barrel - 250

Trigger - 200

Stock - 600

Rail - 100

Archived