Harry at Deertalking

Vermincinerator

Im not going to close a post created by a fellow moderator, the feelings expressed on here have been very fair considering the provocation and problems certain individuals have caused over the last three of four years on this and other UK sites.

However, I don't really think that much more should or can be added to the post without our own site suffering the ill effect.

Maybe now is the time to think about closing it?

Just my own opinion - the point has been made after all.

Quite agree with Ronin on this!!!

So lets get on with enjoying ourself s and this site......................... :lol:;)

All the best............................

RAY............................................. :D;)

I wondered how long it would take for Harry to bite with regards to my involvment with lurchers :lol: Just wind them up and watch them go ;) . The best way is to just ignore him then he cant feed off all the attention he soon gets sick.

I really feel sorry for Geoff as they take advantage of his good nature and basically make a mug of him.I have seen thread's where they have wrote replies to both Vermincinerator and Northern Chris along with others and have then gone back and changed them before Geoff or the site owner have a chance to read them.

Ian i will leave it up to your as to how you want this thread to run.

I posted the original opening thread just to bring to the attention of people what this guy is like.

Things were quiet on the vermin/dog front, after much ranting it had died down and things had moved on.

Instead of leaving things alone and because it was a bit quiet, Harry decided to stir things up by launching a derogative remark aimed at dogmen/LR vermin shooters :lol:

I have now had my rant, and have said all i want about Harry and Stu and will leave it at that.

I will no longer be replying or reacating ( very difficult when you are personally attacked) to Harry or Stu's posts but i shall continue to try and help those who have legitimate questions and seek genuine advice because its something i enjoy doing.

Ian

I will no longer be replying or reacating ( very difficult when you are personally attacked) to Harry or Stu's posts

I know it's hard as I have been on the receiving end more than once Ian.

Not replying or reacting is the best method mate, if you do not fuel a fire it cannot burn can it? :lol:

Ian i know what you mean,i did not want to leave Deer Talking but i was not hanging around with Harry and Stu free to pick on anyone they felt like. I have nothing against the forum or any of its members apart from these two who just love to twist things to their own way which is a shame,in its early stages i thought it would be one of the most successful deer stalking forums on the net.

If people could see what they get up to behind the scenes with regards other sites i bet they would be suprised (or maybe not).We get accused of deleteing members here because they do not agree with us,the reason Stu was deleted was at his request after causing trouble here he then tried to re register the next day and cause trouble again which got him removed.Harry and his alias' are many and he gets kicked off when he starts making a pest of himself,he is a little harder to get rid of than Stu but not impossible(we are not as stupid as he thinks).The other member from there who protests about this site is A-max,he was deleted after his conduct here on the forum having recieved many warnings prior to this.A-max then tried to sneak back in under another name and when he was found out claimed he was deleted because of his post about his new Roedale rifle and not because of the real reason.

quite right ray,now about those hight heals! :lol::lol::lol:

Like i said buddy i do think your legs look better in them!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

All the best......................

RAY............................... :D :D

Told ya he wouldnt share the Stilletto's.

:lol:

308Panther

Nice one panther oh wise one!!!!! :lol: :lol:

All the very best.................

RAY..................................... ;) ;)

I have kept out of this argument to date and will not comment any further than this post.

Go back two or three years, the guy known as swede was creating mayhem all over the web. He was public enemy number 1 in my days at Modern Stalking and was the bain of every moderators life. Modern computer software makes it impossable to identify him and as such he is unstoppable, as you block one name another appears. Been there got the tee shirt.

Since he has come on board at DT he has been a lot less active elsewhere in what I would call an anti social way. He only wishes to promote honest debate. He does not normally get personel but puts a point of view very skilfully indeed. I have met him yes, he is a genuine guy who likes to throw a brick into the water to see how big a splash he can make sometimes just for the fun of it. He delights in winding people up especially those he considers to be to full of their own importance, this is not what I personally would call fun but it takes all sorts.

In his job he is often called to deal with the aftermath of lurchers attacking his fallow and muntjac, hence he has no time or truck with anyone involved with this now illegal sport. He loves his deer with a passion and only wants them to be killed cleanly and legally as any genuine sportsman will. I have spoken to him about longer range stuff such as crows etc and he is firmly of the old school at present but maybe only because no one has yet shown him the light. His main concern is that of wounding an animal (any animal) and causing it unnessasary pain and stress, something any true countryman will apprecaite. I will try and show him a bit of long range stuff over the next year or two given the opportunity.

I do not agree with all he does or says but the overall web situation these days is far better than a few years ago when he was simply a loose cannon. Remember that looking at a persons facial expression when they are taking to you says as much as the words they are using, this you dont get on the web. When he posts it is usually with a smile on his face.

A

I for one cannot abide the man, I have always been wary of him but the last pm I received on PFS was the last straw for me, If he gets on here and reads this he will know exactly what part of the pm I am referring to!!

I bet you a pound to a penny he got bullied at school......... :lol:

If every single person completely ignored him and never replied to his posts or pm's he couldnt carry on could he? Instead we all, and I count me in that too, just large ice cream moan about him.

I'm off for a while now, I cannot be doing with all this shite, see ya's next year.

Sprags

What's caused you to change your mind?

I don't think Harry and Stu have an Agenda to bring Long Range Shooting into disrepute.

In the end, that can only be done by shooters taking shots beyond their capabilities and causing unneccessary suffering to animals.

I think, if you look at Alycidon's posts, you'll see that he's quite interested in LR stuff and indeed, he's a member here too.

So, to suggest that there's an anti LR agenda as such on Deertalking is being very selective with the truth.

I agree, neither Harry not Stu are entirely impartial and Harry for sure sets out to wind people up at times.

That said, there's plenty of folks, both here and there who know what it takes to push both Harry & Stu's buttons and don't hesitate to mix it when they get the opportunity. Its not a one way street or one way traffic by any means.

In the past, there's been a whole gang of people who have registered multiple aliases on a number of sites and carried out a whole series of flame wars for their own amusement and to the detriment of the sites concerned.

We've tried to put the lid on that by changing the registration rules on Deertalking to try and prevent mulitple registration.

Harry and Stu are both moderators on DT. That doesn't make them saints but it does mean that when they care to apply their considerable knowledge and experience to posted problems and ideas, they can help to keep the average stalker on the straight and narrow.

So, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just because someone doesn't see eye to eye with you on something doesn't mean that everything they know, say or do is suddenly wrong.

We do, between us, try to ensure that there's a balance of views on Deertalking but we cannot monitor the site 24/7.

It is, when all's said and done, only a bulletin board and not something to get your blood pressure seriously raised over.

Certainly not worth having strops, tanties or general aggro about.

So lighten up guys. UKV is a great site and I believe DT is too

Trapper

the last post on this was several days ago, the subject has as such died and is now closed, thanks for your input, but I see no value in resurecting any discussion - especially as we are now into a new year.

Archived