What are the Eggs in my Rabbit ???

Alan17hmr

Hello Guys

Just got in from a couple of hours rabbiting and started to prepare my rabbits for a sleep in the freezer

Upon opening up a clean large healthy Doe with a bit of milk on board, and 6 tiny foetuses ready for the next round of birthing

Underneath the stomach was a clutch of white tipped eggs attached to the outer surface of the stomach and full of clear liquid

I've seen alsorts of bits come out of rabbits but stumped with these

Does anybody know what they are

Rabbit got binned just in case,

Many thanks

Alan

Hello Guys

Just got in from a couple of hours rabbiting and started to prepare my rabbits for a sleep in the freezer

Upon opening up a clean large healthy Doe with a bit of milk on board, and 6 tiny foetuses ready for the next round of birthing

Underneath the stomach was a clutch of white tipped eggs attached to the outer surface of the stomach and full of clear liquid

I've seen alsorts of bits come out of rabbits but stumped with these

Does anybody know what they are

Rabbit got binned just in case,

Many thanks

Alan

Had something like that in a deer before, can't remeber exactly what it was diagnosed as but remember

that one should not feed it to a dog without cooking well first.

edi

Tapeworm cysts?

That's my guess too...I come across them now and then, if they are removed intact there is no danger from consuming the meat. Usually the rabbits get it from eating grass where foxes had 'been' ;) or some times even dogs. As a parasite, tapeworm needs to go through that route to become established (i.e. dog/fox gut-grass-host). To be honest I wonder how many of us have them from handling dogs or even foxes...

best wishes,

Finman

Archived