Longbow or D760

goldie

I have a D760 (XR5)and a good friend of mine has a Longbow (Not sure on tube spec) He always needs IR light, where I only need it for eye shine or really dark nights. And he can use it at slightly longer distances, which I think a little irrelavant with NV. My friend has just bought a Mars unit (I know next to nothing about them) but it is a 6x mag the same as the D760, and he prefers using this now, but he is a spoilt bugger, his boss gave him a Kite..... :blink:

Some foxes that I have shot in the past with other NV scopes have shown a disliking for any IR light, so to me the fact that I dont have to use the IR most of the time is an advantage.

I haven't really given his Longbow a proper test, so a little unfair I suppose, but I know I wouldn't be without my D760.

HTH Steve

Hi Goldie i have a few NV scopes out of them all i prefer the D-760 for clarity it all depends what tube you have inside i also have a US version of the longbow although very good i still say the 760 beats it, 760 is also lighter i would say but x6 where as longbow types are 2.5-10 mag and as you say can be used in day time with other eye piece attached..if you dont have a spare rifle that you can use a dedicated NV scope on then go for longbow, ive never looked or compared mine to a longbow but have only heard good comments about them.

Prices longbow start at 4000+ i believe UK version 760 with XR5 tubes from 6000+ not cheap but its what you pay for or you can if you know anyone in the know get a US tubed model for 3500.

If you need any more questions PM me.

Mick

Haven't tried the Longbow, but a D760, with the right tube, takes some beating.

As Mick says, if you are in the position to have a dedicated nv rifle, a good dedicated nv is the way to go, as long as you're okay with 6x.

George

Haven't tried the Longbow, but a D760, with the right tube, takes some beating.

As Mick says, if you are in the position to have a dedicated nv rifle, a good dedicated nv is the way to go, as long as you're okay with 6x.

George

tried both the only bit a kit thats better than both at distance is the 6x raptor...wth the right tube but the downside is the weight and they are like hens teeth in the uk

tried both the only bit a kit thats better than both at distance is the 6x raptor...wth the right tube but the downside is the weight and they are like hens teeth in the uk

Ive used both 760 and raptor and both were more or less the same view could not tell them apart next to each other...only diff with raptors are they are made for Mil use so more robust and as you say heavier than a 760 but do have same tubes as 760...but also come with a more hefty price tag.

Archived