I have a new rifle(broke in) that is grouping 2 to 3 minutes at 100yards with factory ammo, I loaded 6 batches of 4 rounds last night with every one of these 4 shot groups 3 are going into 1/2minute and one of them every time without fail is a flyer opening the group up to over a minute at 100yards, the flyer could be the 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th shot in the group, its a .22-250, blue printed action, aftermarket varmint barrel, bedded into a laminated stock.

What do yee think???

If I bought a cz I'd expect moa with factory ammo and one hole groups with reloads, its getting frustrating.

Good bedding job will help/and make shure the barrel is free floatng well.

Re crown .

These are some of the most common problems with a factory rifle.

As you have stated its been bedded , look at the bedding to see if there are any bright (shine)areas on the bedding , this will indicate if the bedding is effective .

Are you shooting with a MOD on the barrel , to make shure its threaded on square take it off and try shooting a few groups without it on .If your groups tighten up you may have found your problem.

Ps Take it to a rifle smith and have it Bore scoped to see if there is any Major Damage to the rifleing

Before you do anything, I'd recommmend getting a friend who can group well to shoot it and see if he has the same issue.

plus one on this , we all have bad days !

Before you do anything, I'd recommmend getting a friend who can group well to shoot it and see if he has the same issue.

who says I can't group well :lol: no its just to repeatable for it to be my shooting, its not my first rifle or anything like that.

Reckon its still moving in the stock pillar bedding or another stock might fix it, its a new scope too, that I never had on another rifle so it could be something to do with that either.

who says I can't group well :lol:

:lol: I didn't mean that, Ijust mean that it's worth getting a second opinion, a lot of this stuff can be a mind game - happened to me in a competition with loaner ammo, rifle had a new scope and barrel and wouldnt group better than half choke during the comp warm-up. Convinced myself over 2 days that something was wrong with the new bits - but then leaning over to pick up a round the bullet moved in my fingers - the fellow who'd very kindly lent me the ammo hadn't sized the cases - then got issued match ammo, but the mental seeds of doubt were sown and I didn't shoot well. Back in UK in slow time, the rifle was fine.

I'd just get a pal to put your mind at rest that you're not doing something that doesn't happen to suit this rifle -and now it's planted in your mind.

my sides are spliting... :blink::lol:

@browndog, thanks fella, the builder will be shooting it after he works his magic to makes sure before he hands it back to me.

10" will just let you get it in the bin! :lol: hope you get sorted nothing boils the blood more than problems with our toys-well women do.

I have a new rifle(broke in) that is grouping 2 to 3 minutes at 100yards with factory ammo, I loaded 6 batches of 4 rounds last night with every one of these 4 shot groups 3 are going into 1/2minute and one of them every time without fail is a flyer opening the group up to over a minute at 100yards, the flyer could be the 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th shot in the group, its a .22-250, blue printed action, aftermarket varmint barrel, bedded into a laminated stock.

What do yee think???

If I bought a cz I'd expect moa with factory ammo and one hole groups with reloads, its getting frustrating.

What load/bullet were the reloads? What weight bullet are the factory loads? What is the twist rate?

What I'm saying is - are the bullets you are using too heavy for the barrel to stabilize.

What load/bullet were the reloads? What weight bullet are the factory loads? What is the twist rate?

What I'm saying is - are the bullets you are using too heavy for the barrel to stabilize.

6 batches of 4 testers, lapua brass, cci200primers, 55gr vmax, started at 37gr of h380 and worked up to 39.5 in .5gr increments, seated 15thou back off the lands. The barrels a 1in12 twist Lothar Walther. The factory ammunition was federal 55gr softpoints.

6 batches of 4 testers, lapua brass, cci200primers, 55gr vmax, started at 37gr of h380 and worked up to 39.5 in .5gr increments, seated 15thou back off the lands. The barrels a 1in12 twist Lothar Walther. The factory ammunition was federal 55gr softpoints.

I'm no 22-250 expert but I would think that should shoot. My next step would be to try another bullet.

Archived