Will an AW feed from an AICS mag?

brown dog

An entirely back to front question to the norm I know! Just playing around with sitting position, dawned on me that an AICS 10-rounder works as a mouse/hamster/small rodent

-wondering if the AICS mag would work in an AW to get the same benefit when using an AW for sitting/standing?

Thanks chaps, but I know it'll fit (well, based on the fact that an AW mag will go into an AICS mag space), the question I'm after is whether it'll feed in an AW - it's a double stack single stack question. ie AW mags won't feed in most rem/AICS rifles, but will AICS mags feed in AW rifles?

Try the 6.5x47 mag in the AW, my guess is it wont feed reliably, due to the double stack pickup on the AW boltface.

The rounds from an AICS with be presented centrally, I cant recall if the AW boltface has scalloped sides to allow double feed pickup or not....

The other problem is, of course the action DOES have a split feed ramp, which may also present problems feeding from a central stacked mag

Brown Dog , what you are after is a Badger M2008 action , as they can be set up to run a AW or a AICS mag.

As to using a AICS mag in a AW , I presume the reason you want this is to run shorter than 308 lenght ammo thur it , ie something like 6mmBR , or a Whisper338 or 30BR etc .

You are probalbily better off , moding a AW mag to act as a single feed device , if you put a 45 degree chamfer on the rear of the black plastic follower , the bolt will not be locked/held back while running an empty mag .

I know in the Badgers case to run an AW mag , they shave a little amount of metal off the magazine catch , this would indicate you may need to mod a mag or the catch to run it .

BUT as you really want to know , I tryed it out on me AW , the AICS 10rd mag will not lock in place ( very close to locking up ) , at that point the lips just clear the front part of the AW bolt head , but the bolt body behind the bolt head hits the mag lips , Opps .

Thats the best I can do for you , as I am not willing to butcher a mag or a catch , thats up to you to check .

But I did hold the mag in place and try to run bolt forward , it strips the round , but due to feed ramps being 2x , a LH & RH ramps , and a raised high center rib created by these 2 ramps L&R , it angles the round up way too high , and jams the tip into the top of the action/breeching ring .

Later Chris

BUT as you really want to know , I tryed it out on me AW , the AICS 10rd mag will not lock in place ( very close to locking up ) , at that point the lips just clear the front part of the AW bolt head , but the bolt body behind the bolt head hits the mag lips , Opps .

Thats the best I can do for you , as I am not willing to butcher a mag or a catch , thats up to you to check .

But I did hold the mag in place and try to run bolt forward , it strips the round , but due to feed ramps being 2x , a LH & RH ramps , and a raised high center rib created by these 2 ramps L&R , it angles the round up way too high , and jams the tip into the top of the action/breeching ring .

Great info; thanks Chris! :)

Archived