is any body getting on well with Berger 180grn hybreds

dannyt

nice one it will be good to compare, i was thinking along the lines of useing the hybreds in a wsm with more speed than the shehane for the long range shoot in july

Both my WSM and my Shehane show a distinct liking for the Berger 180 VLD.

They shoot far crisper elevations. I found the Hybrids in my barrels had fidgiting elevation in comparison to the VLD's

These barrels were all of the same batch of 1 in 9's

I was wondering wether a 1 in 8.5 twist may be better as the Hybrids are a very long bullet.

Cheers

Dave

Both my WSM and my Shehane show a distinct liking for the Berger 180 VLD.

They shoot far crisper elevations. I found the Hybrids in my barrels had fidgiting elevation in comparison to the VLD's

These barrels were all of the same batch of 1 in 9's

I was wondering wether a 1 in 8.5 twist may be better as the Hybrids are a very long bullet.

Cheers

Dave

The thing i am trying to find out Dave is which is the best bullet to fire at 3100+fps and still hold together well

The thing i am trying to find out Dave is which is the best bullet to fire at 3100+fps and still hold together well

Hi Danny just use the Target not Hunting type VLD they share the same thick jacket as the Hybrid.

Cheers

Dave

Danny I found that the hybrids worked well in my wsm 10thou off and 2thou neck tension

I am not having the same results in the 284,need to do more testing.Hope you find this helpful.

cheers

Thanks Paul

I have run a side by side test with my Shehane at Bisley today at 1000 yards.

The VLD's shot 1 MOA flatter than the Hybrids and also held better vertical, both were trimmed and pointed.

I tried a 307 bushing with the VLD's and although it was OK the 308 bushing giving me roughly 1 to 1-1/2 neck tension was better by a considerable margin.

So that's still 500 Hybrids for sale.

I just bought 500 hybrids so they better work!!. I have the 8.5 twist and always shot the normal 180 vld's fine. My only problem is the next shoot is Blair atholl which is not the best place to test groups.

ive heard a bout those particular hubrids, :ph34r: lol

180 SMK .......lovely consistancy in my 284 imp.... :)

and 25% cheaper :D

Archived