Folding rifle

eldon

Just found an interesting article about a .223 folding rifle worth a read. Seems to shoot ok on open sights (1.5''). Not sure we would have a need for it over here on this crowded island but folds into your rucksack so would be easier nipping on the bus or train to your shooting ground :lol: would that be classed as secure storage.

http://www.equipped.com/Kel-Tec_SU-16_Review.htm

Guest varmartin

I would not carry anything in a rucksack onto a bus or a train ...let alone a rifle in a rucksack ;)

Looks like a semi auto styer tactical elite ripoff :lol: Interesting though :lol:

Martin

Not sure when having it in the rucksack would be a good idea :lol: If anything was about no doubt it wouldn't wait long enough to get it out :lol:

Like you say looks similar to a few other rifles. Wrth a read if only to dismiss the idea.

Ugly piece of X$%^. But anything firearms related is always worth a read, so thanks for the link. :lol:

I do shoot with a chap who regularly travels to shoots at Bisley on the tube and train, he carries his rifle in a tennis sports bag broken down into two halves (both no longer than 30", btw it's an AR). He never gets any hassle, keeps the bag with him at all times and is perfectly legal travelling so.

John MH

Guest 308Panther

Kel-tec has offered a survival rifle in differant forms and makes over the years..

I dont know any one that uses them.

But it seems a few do....Usually the sort our Alphabet boys like to visit and kick

in doors on.

They are relatively inexpensive,easily concealed,and go "bang" loud enough to

be a problem.

I am wouldnt want to gamble with my life on one.

Especially in places face to face with a Grizzly,Cougar or the Police.

An AR rifle/carbine,AR10,15. M16, M4,SR 25 and variants like my DPMS, Colt,Bushmaster,Knights,...

all use 2 push pins to hold the upper reciever to the lower reciever.

Very simple,fast and easy to assemble.

I have a 24 in barrel on mine and when assembled the whole rifle is over 40in long.

The lower is 19 in. and the upper is 33 in.

I can seperate the upper and lower and remove the bolt in about 10 secs,

Assembly runs me about 30 secs.

308Panther

I have shot the Kel Tec. It's not exactly a "new" gun as they have been around for a few years now. The two I shot were accurate with cheap Russian import ammo. They delivered 2-3" groups. There were never any jams and the guns seemed rugged enough. I did not use the extendable foreend cum bipod.

I actually like them. I am out of the autoloading military rifle (Black Gun) phase of my life but the KT was neat enough that I'd have given it a run if it was a little less money. I still may buy one if I run across it used and reasonable.

The two fellows I know who had those rifles still own them, and use them. They are a good utility rifle, plain and simple. Comparing them to any hi tech, sniper or match grade rig would be unfair in my opinion.~Andrew

Hi Martin,

Most hunters here would agree with you......many dont care for cases or bags, they just sling the rifle over the shoulder and get on the bus or train. Dont see any problem with it, and no one gets upset about it.

A local has a tree stand about 1km from us, I usually see him in the mornings, rifle over his shoulder on his push bike.

It is also usual in the plod shop (you buy a gun and then take it to the plod shop to be registered) to walk in the plod shop with rifle or shotgun and no case.

A cultural difference (`tis hard living in a former repressed commie country).

David.

Guest 308Panther

At the pistol range I frequent.

The Range Officer was starting to give me the act when I

walked in w/ my 1911 in the holster on my waist in a

"Open Carry" (in plain sight) till he seen there was no mag

in it...I was completely legal.I would have been legal even if the

were loaded.

He shut up real quick,but when I tried to question him further

His reply was "Forget I said anything."

Later on he said, "A cop could have taken a view of......."

He never finished what he was saying.

We are allowed "Open Carry" even with a pistol....But

because it can disturb some ones "peace of mind"

It will get you a Disturbance of the Peace ticket.

Wich is a total crock....Disturbing the Peace is

an after hours noise violation.

There are times I think even the Police have been

watching too much T.V.

308Panther

Interesting responses.

Isn't it funny how different people ( read countries) see and perceive the same picture to have a totally different meaning.

Like has been said disturbance of the peace seems a strange response when other articles are dismissed.

I was once pulled in a gunshop by a police woman ( stockings, blonde hair oh no that was another time :D ) and apparently she had noticed me walk from my car parked 20 feet from the shop with an uncovered air rifle ;);) .

You naughty boy next time cover it up? I had to check my fly ;);) just in case.

Guest 308Panther
Interesting responses.

Isn't it funny how different people ( read countries) see and perceive the same picture to have a totally different meaning.

Like has been said disturbance of the peace seems a strange response when other articles are dismissed.

I was once pulled in a gunshop by a police woman ( stockings, blonde hair oh no that was another time :P ) and apparently she had noticed me walk from my car parked 20 feet from the shop with an uncovered air rifle :P:o .

You naughty boy next time cover it up? I had to check my fly :lol::lol: just in case.

Should have invited her to a session of trigger tickling.. ;):D

308Panther

Archived