Tube Guns

dogfox

Hi

Have anybody have any experience with Tube guns. I have a Remington in 6 Br and fancy having a Tube stock for it for hunting/varmint shooting. I like the look of the stocks and fancy one in camouflage.

dogfox

Hi

Have anybody have any experience with Tube guns. I have a Remington in 6 Br and fancy having a Tube stock for it for hunting/varmint shooting. I like the look of the stocks and fancy one in camouflage.

dogfox

We've just done the Low Mill TAC 21 stock kit - it will be in April's Target Shooter mag. Plus, I've built an Eliseo and a Barnard 07.

Vince

Thanks for the replies.

Any photos of you rifles and who done the work on them as I think that the action needs to be glued in to the outer case. Is this right as I am not sure about the fitting of the tube.

How much does a tube receiver weight.

Thanks

dogfox

Hi dogfox like vince i also have a barnard 07 in .260 very accurate rifle no problems at all with it

Thanks for the replies.

Any photos of you rifles and who done the work on them as I think that the action needs to be glued in to the outer case. Is this right as I am not sure about the fitting of the tube.

How much does a tube receiver weight.

Thanks

dogfox

None of the rifles named above require the action to be glued in. There are a couple of USA-made tube guns intended as glue-ins, as a way of 'stiffening' the flimsy Rem. 700 action.

It's certainly not necessary with the Barnard 07 but this is not a true 'tube' gun. Laurie Holland's Eliseo built around the Barnard P action isn't

glued in and returns very good accuracy - as you have no doubt read in Laurie's many tests in Target Shooter.

Vince

Hi Gunnery

That a nice looking bit of kit. What does it weigh.

Does anybody know does the recoil lug stay on the action when fitting a tube stock.

Thanks

dogfox

Hi Gunnery

That a nice looking bit of kit. What does it weigh.

Does anybody know does the recoil lug stay on the action when fitting a tube stock.

Thanks

dogfox

Not with the Barnard 07 - the recoil-lug is the handguard support. I don't think the recoil-lug is used on the Eliseo when using the barnard P action. However, the TAC 21 does retain the Remington recoil-lug.

Vince

Hi Dogfox i dont know what it weighs but you would not want to go stalking with it but brill of top of truck vince might know he is a bit more tecnical then me.

Brian Fox (Fox Firearms UK) has managed after a lot of trouble to set up an import pipeline for the CSS (Eliseo) models. You could talk to him about ordering an R5 designed for the 6BR as a magazine rifle, or R1 if you use your 6BR as a single-shot job. They're not cheap though, and they're quite heavy. I've just received an S1 kit (Savage 12 PTA 3-screw single-shot action) for a 2nd F/TR rifle to complement my B1 equipped Barnard. Unlike the B and R series designs, it's not a true tubegun stock, rather a chassis job like the McRees, Dolphin, HPS-TR and Barnard designs with a slotted full tube ahead of the action covering the rear half of the barrel.

They're all inline layout designs though with AR type pistol grips which is what I like about them. Shooting Hornady 208s at over 2,600 prone off the grass sees the rifle remain very stable and it tracks back smoothly on the bi-pod ski feet and rear bag.

Brian Fox (Fox Firearms UK) has managed after a lot of trouble to set up an import pipeline for the CSS (Eliseo) models. You could talk to him about ordering an R5 designed for the 6BR as a magazine rifle, or R1 if you use your 6BR as a single-shot job. They're not cheap though, and they're quite heavy. I've just received an S1 kit (Savage 12 PTA 3-screw single-shot action) for a 2nd F/TR rifle to complement my B1 equipped Barnard. Unlike the B and R series designs, it's not a true tubegun stock, rather a chassis job like the McRees, Dolphin, HPS-TR and Barnard designs with a slotted full tube ahead of the action covering the rear half of the barrel.

They're all inline layout designs though with AR type pistol grips which is what I like about them. Shooting Hornady 208s at over 2,600 prone off the grass sees the rifle remain very stable and it tracks back smoothly on the bi-pod ski feet and rear bag.

Thanks for the Replies

Lots to think about. I want to use my rifle as a hunting rifle so i need to keep the weight down, but I really like the tube stock. I thinking of using the Eliseo Hunters stock in camo :wub::lol: :lol:

• 2 years later...

Archived