Sharpening a Wilson/Sinclair Case Trimmer

achosenman

Hi all, does anyone know how to sharpen a Wilson case trimmer cutter? Both cutters I have are showing slight rounding on the cutting edge. Probably due to the power adapter I use.

It seems a shame to have to bin them and buy new ones.

All suggestions welcome...within reason ;)

ATB

Hi all, does anyone know how to sharpen a Wilson case trimmer cutter? Both cutters I have are showing slight rounding on the cutting edge. Probably due to the power adapter I use.

It seems a shame to have to bin them and buy new ones.

All suggestions welcome...within reason ;)

ATB

Stone them.~Andrew

It just looks like an end mill that has been ground short so could you use a normal short endmill? It would still be longer than the Wilson version but if it fits... What is the diameter of cutter? Being American i would expect it to be imperial.

It just looks like an end mill that has been ground short so could you use a normal short endmill? It would still be longer than the Wilson version but if it fits... What is the diameter of cutter? Being American i would expect it to be imperial.

The diameter is 12.682mm or .4993 old money.

The length is 57.56mm or 2.267

I tried to get a tool sharpening company to re-grind it but since it was not a commercial deal they weren’t interested.

ATB

It is a half inch end mill, have a look on that well known auction site, you can get a HSS cutter for under a fiver if you are happy to order from overseas. Going price for getting them reground seems to be GBP7-12 around my area which always strikes me as pricey.

EDIT - GBP3.86 delivered.

Now it is just a matter of what is the maximum length of cutter that will fit as the ones from the auction site are going to be closer to 3.5"

Archived