digital powder dispensers

tackb

as above has any one got any preferences ? i tried a lyman dps3 and it was quite good , i'm told the rcbs is excellent but i had one of the early ones (two parts,scales and dispenser) and was dissapointed with its performance (slow,unreliable,complicated)

i like hornady gear and they have one now but i've never used/seen one in the flesh?

Russ

i have a lyman dps 1200 3 for sale if you are interested , they are brilliant iam only getting rid of it as i dont use it so much nowdays

I have tested the lyman and the hornady. I bought the hornady as it is easier to live with and a lot less hassle to empty and clean. The RCBS has a very good reputation but i have not tested it alongside the other two so cant comment personally.

My RCBS model is spot on and I have checked it with a Kern scaler as well.

Russ,

have a look at:

TargetShooter Online

past issues.

Vince Bottomely (Gun Pimp on this forum) reviewed the Hornady Autocharge in the November 2011 issue, and Chris Parkin reviewed the latest version of the Lyman in the January 2012 issue. Downloaded issues are available for nowt.

I have the RCBS 1500 ChargeMaster Combo and will review it in the forthcoming May issue out in about five weeks time. Having used an early Lyman 1200 DPS which never worked well, I'm very pleased with the RCBS. The word is the latest Lyman (DPS3) works fine, but the basic design means that all 1200 DPS models are a pain in the rear to empty after use.

If you have a set of good beam scales, also consider the AEDT TARGETMASTER trickler which costs just over £100 i/c p&p. This little device produces stunningly consistent charges if set up properly in conjunction with good beam scales. You don't need a powder measure even, just a set of plastic Lee Dipper charge cups. I reviewed the TARGETMASTER in the April 2011 issue of the magazine, previous issues including a full accuracy review of six mechanical powder measures plus an early Lyman 1200 DPS with an upgrade kit fitted.

TARGETMASTER Trickler

Archived