.222 load data help

griffshrek

Hello all some advice off you .222 shooters out there, a friend of mine has been given an immaculate Sako Vixen in .222 (lucky so&so)

I currently reload several calibers for myself one being the .204 with x10 (I love my 204) I believe the .222 Vixen is a 1/14 twist so if im right best suited for the 45-50gr ? anybody out there have any good bulletpowder load combo ?

regards...Neil

If my memory serves me right 25 grains Blc2 behind a 50 gr sierra worked well. Or how about 20 grains reloader 7 behind a 40 gr sierra hp ;) p.s. think these were varminters.

Hello all some advice off you .222 shooters out there, a friend of mine has been given an immaculate Sako Vixen in .222 (lucky so&so)

I currently reload several calibers for myself one being the .204 with x10 (I love my 204) I believe the .222 Vixen is a 1/14 twist so if im right best suited for the 45-50gr ? anybody out there have any good bulletpowder load combo ?

regards...Neil

Twenty two-ish grains of H-4895 or IMR 3031 works for me with 50 grain bullets from my Winchester Model 70. Eighteen of 4198 held many records with a 53 grain match bullet.~Andrew

222group5shotsRED072.jpg

5 shots with 22.5 IMR 3031 and a Speer TNT 50 grn HP, 100yards.

Yeh, I could live with that Andrew :wub:

I've told my main gunsmith that I have --first-- refusal on his Vixen if he ever decides to sell it. I always had a woody for those as a kid.

Chris-NZ

Archived