MAXI KITE

matchking

As title.Anybody using a maxi kite for foxing?What are you're thoughts?

Thanks sean

sean- looked through a few a while back [2yrs]i know someone who sells them they are a good bit of kit but more negatives than positives in my book-

too heavy-click adjustments are big[1"]iirc-mounts for the weapon you have may have to be custom made-they are hard to beat if just used as a spotter but not pocket friendly.i had the chance to pick 1 of 3 for good money but declined and got a 14.

The chevron ret takes some getting use to but stick with it and they are ok hear of alot of parralax error in these so check it out before you buy they wear designed for man sized targets not bunnies an foxes. There are a few different mk's, 3 I think, you want the later two with the adjustable diopter

I have used one in the field and got on very well with it if you get offered a good one go for it

I used to have one and still to this day it's the brightest NV site that I have looked through, and I have looked through some good units.

I have to agree with the posts above though, superb for spotting but there are more user friendly units out there these days.

If I were offered one at a very good price I would buy another but it really would have to be a good price.

over priced mate , there is loads of better Kit about now at better prices , Dorg has loads of Nv give him a pm or a call. There used for spotters more than weapon sites now.

I have had a few bits and bobs and saw lots of better stuff than Kites,(in a weapon site use)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived