Rifle cleaning

MJR

Wipe out accelerator followed be wipe out 'liquid' at the range before the drive home, then wipe out with the occasional carb-out before putting rifle to bed.

Heard good things re. the KG products but not used them.

Have used Butches bore shine in the past and mixed it with Kroil in my Moly days and it worked just fine.

Rem-clean sparingly near the throat if there appears to be a problem.

Barnes CR-10 for factory barrels with copper in them.

Butches black powder bore shine for the Sharps (at the range, easier to clean than smokeless)

Universally Ballistol as a preservative / bore 'oil'

Terry

I have tried numerous different copper and carbon cleaners over the years and I am sure they have all been toned down. I do wonder how something that has no odour and apparently is not harmful to the environment is supposed to remove copper. These days I alternate between two types and like bore foam as a starter, give it a spray up the bore and pack my gear away whilst it does it's work then repeat and finish with KG.

Davy

+1 with the toning down.

Stick your nose over a Bottle of Montana Extreme but be prepared to be sat on your Ar*e and thats just the bore solvent!.:wacko: Then try the Copper Killer.:)

No good if you clean indoors but i have yet to try a more effective pair of Solvents.

NICK.

I've just about run out of my original bottle of 009 which i've had for years. I use it to patch out the crud prior to using G96 copper remover. I'm looking for a good alternative so what do you use and can recommend? Thanks.

To paraphrase the Fast Show character;

"This week, I have mostly been using.... Forrest Foam"

(was tempted to say Cillit Bang!).

Archived