Which one please ???

Ballistic Hamster

Hi Everyone ,

Which would you choose ; .22-250 A/I shooting a 75 amax OR .20 B/R shooting a 40 vmax / 50 berger,

Not bothered about case prep yet ,l know both need prep ,

The application is for up to 500yds MAX !!!

For Vermin / fox.

Was Thinking light and quick to shoot , flat shooting and bucking the wind well. zeroed at 150yds.

Have looked on QuickLoad seen that Data , need real world Data.

Comments please, anyone who shoots these calibers would help share there results .

22-250 is loud and obtuse for what you get in my opinion having had a couple but I did consider the fast twist 75g Amax build but decided against it in the end .

For what it's worth I have a savage lrpv in 22-250 currently shooting a 53g vmax at around 3900fps and it's devastating out to 500yrds , incredibly accurate and certainly good fox medicine , got to be 1 in 12 twist though . if you want to try the 75 amax the 22-243 middlestead takes some beating as a launch vehicle , try 3750 fps it renders rabbits aerosol :lol:

I have owned a 20br and found it o.k nothing special,It doesn't do any thing a standard 22.250 or swift won't do.I have had a 14 twist 22.250 ai it was a superb round but won't do anything a swift won't do.I own a 8 twist 22.250 built by neil mckilop and i have to say it is superb thing,It hits like a sledge hammer shoots plenty flat enough out to 250 yards for laming foxes.And it bucks the wind well enough to shoot out to distances i never thought possible with a 22 centerfire.You will not be dissapionted with a fast twist 22.250

Cheers sean

Had a 22.250, admitted it was a factory varminter, accuracy was poor, it was a good killer but you never saw anything go down due to the recoil. These days I use a 20BR, killed foxes with it out to almost 300 yards, see every hit. So far I have missed 2 and killed 51 with it,most at 100/150 yards. So I have this tee shirt, go 20BR.

A

I'm gonna jump in on this one! I have shot the BE before but not a lot so this will be slightly biase.22-250 is a super calibre and I use it on crows out to 650! Foxes will take down easily enough, I use this rifle lamping of sticks out to 200. Point and shoot! Easy. It's just a thing of practice...yeah marginally less recoil. But why not go for a standard 22-250 in as said a 1:12 or slightly faster on the 53gr Vmax I have heard very good things about this little bullet. You won't be dissapointed.

Archived