6-6.5x47

garyw

I've shot one for a few years now and it makes an excellent short range F class cartridge.

I've also done a lot of long range vermin control and highly effective with 105 Amax.

Powder of choice is N160 it really does shoot some amazingly small groups with 105 Berger VLD's.

I've shot out to 1100 yards at Bisley with her with impressive results.

I used it in last years Imperial meet for the short range stages 3/5/600 yards and went on to win the meet.

A great little cartridge and personally although similar to the 6XC it has the flexibilty of the Lapua small primer pockets which can take more pressure.

A good choice ;):D

Dave

I've shot one for a few years now and it makes an excellent short range F class cartridge.

I've also done a lot of long range vermin control and highly effective with 105 Amax.

Powder of choice is N160 it really does shoot some amazingly small groups with 105 Berger VLD's.

I've shot out to 1100 yards at Bisley with her with impressive results.

I used it in last years Imperial meet for the short range stages 3/5/600 yards and went on to win the meet.

A great little cartridge and personally although similar to the 6XC it has the flexibilty of the Lapua small primer pockets which can take more pressure.

A good choice ;):D

Dave

thats what i wanted to hear thanks dave-barrel ordered from foxy today .

Anyone shooting a 6-6.5x47? ,plenty of info on tinterweb i know, but nice to hear from someone who is.thinking of a future project.

I have one Its a re barreled remmy action with a 28" pacnor, in a choate tactical stock.

It took a little time to get a load but now awesome 1/3 moa rifle.(38g H4350 107 sierra load)

Archived