Bisley Clubs Easter meeting

If anyone is interested and wants more information email me and I will pass on the details via email, the info below is copied directly from that email.

General Conditions of Entry

1. Competitions are open to members of the NRA or any rifle club

affiliated to the NRA.

2. NRA regulations for 2012 apply, except where otherwise stated.

3. Competitors must have a valid NRA Certificate of Competence.

4. Sighters are convertible.

5. There will be no tie shoots. Ties for competitors with equal score

and equal V bulls will be counted out using NRA rules. In other

situations normal NRA counting out rules will apply. In totally equal

positions the prizes will be shared.

6. All entries shall be deemed as accepted unless the entrant is

advised to the contrary. Entries will only be acknowledged if

specifically requested (email only).

7. In the event of cancellation after the closing date the targetry and

marker portions of entry fees are non-refundable.

8. The Meeting Committee reserves the right to amend the rules and

vary the prize lists according to the number of entries received. In

the event of any dispute the Meeting Committee’s decision will be

final.

TR Conditions

T1 Only rifles conforming to NRA TR specification may be used.

T2 Ammunition will be issued for the meeting. Converted sighters

must be returned. Cases must be returned unless you opt to

purchase your fired cases.

T3 NRA classifications for 2012 apply.

T4 NRA TR targets will be used.

F/TR and F Open Conditions

F1 Only rifles conforming to applicable NRA F Class specifications may

be used.

F2 Competitors are to supply their own ammunition which must

conform to NRA regulations.

F3 A period of 1 minute will be provided for blow-offs at the start of

the morning and afternoon sessions.

F4 NRA F Class targets will be used.

Programme

Competition 1: Saturday 7th April commencing at 13:30

2ss + 15 to count at 300 and 600 yards

Squadded in pairs.

Competition 2: Sunday 8th April commencing at 08:30

2ss + 10 to count at 300, 500 and 600 yards

Squadded in threes (TR) or pairs (F Class).

Competition 3: Sunday 8th April commencing at 13:30

2ss + 7 to count at 300, 500 and 600 yards

Squadded in threes.

Competition 4: Monday 9th April commencing at 08:30

2ss + 15 to count at 900 yards

Squadded in pairs.

Competition 5: Monday 9th April commencing at 10:20

2ss + 15 to count at 1000 yards

Squadded in pairs.

Competition 6: The Short Range Aggregate

Aggregate of competitions 1, 2 and 3

Competition 7: The Long Range Aggregate

Aggregate of competitions 4 and 5

Competition 8: The Grand Aggregate

Aggregate of competitions 1 – 5

Prize Giving: Monday 9th April at 14:00, NLRC Clubhouse

• 1 month later...

Latest update on the F class side of this competition is that there are now 14 F class shooters signed up, there's still two weeks to go so if anyone was still interested get your application in.

Iam going to enter for the above meet looks like a great test for the new season ahead.

Cant think of a better way to spend easter , hope the weather is nice.

I now believe that the entry has risen to 17 shooters, although not all on the same day (you don't have to shoot all three days you can pick days that suit you)

It's looking like a International shoot with competitors from the Netherlands and Germany attending.

Help required please gentlemen. I would like to shoot at Bisley on this comp but have no expereance of them. I have a semi custom 22/250 Tikka that I use for foxes and long range work and have some target ammo that I have reloaded for it, I also have a 223 Sako that I would like to use on the comp if possible, I am a NRA member and have a shooters certificate so I think I am all clear in that area. If anyone can help/assist me on this meeting to point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks, Tony.

This is the detail of the competition

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calendar/events.asp?site=NRA&id=2950

Have you actually entered, as sadly if you haven't I think entries closed today.

You .223 will be fine for the short range shooting as will your .22-250 as long as it doessn't exceed the 3250fps range safety limit.

Cheers

Dave

Help required please gentlemen. I would like to shoot at Bisley on this comp but have no expereance of them. I have a semi custom 22/250 Tikka that I use for foxes and long range work and have some target ammo that I have reloaded for it, I also have a 223 Sako that I would like to use on the comp if possible, I am a NRA member and have a shooters certificate so I think I am all clear in that area. If anyone can help/assist me on this meeting to point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks, Tony.

Hello Tony, First thing you will need to do is get the BC and bullet weight of your chosen round , If you havent got it already.

this is so you can get your come ups sorted for the given ranges sorted , this will get you in the ball park.

(you may have all this stuff sorted , sorry to sound a bit over the top but you have been a bit light on info)

any way if you have your load data with you on the day most of the F Class boys will have i snipe with them on the i phones if you dont have it already just ask one of the boys you are sqadded with and iam shure they will help.

give a bit more info on your state of play and people will help you out mate .

Danny

Yes mate, I have load data and drop charts for both cals and they dont exceed the 3250fps range safety limits, hope I am not too late to enter, will try to enter tomorrow, fingers crossed, thanks for the info,

Tony.

Hope you get an entry. Just a note if you do enter you would be netter of shooting your .223 as you can shoot in FTr class ie .308/.223s you .22-250 would be an open class caliber and you would shoot against all the bigger calibers.

Good luck

Dave

Tony, so long as you get your entry posted today you should be OK, as I think they will hold it open for a few more days.

I hope so, thanks guys.

Well I have posted my entry for the shoot, its my first so hope I can at least hit the targets, dont want to make a complete arse of myself, I have only entered one shoot and thats on Saturday, comp 1 F open 300 & 600 yards using my 22/250 ack, thought that one shoot will have a big learning curve for me so am looking forward to it, although I must admit getting a little worried now as I dont have a clue what the procedure is on the firing line, :wacko: hope some of you guys going to this shoot might point me in the right direction.

Tony.

A few pointers for you Tony.

After you have finished shooting your detail it's bolt out or a breech flag in the chamber, if the person you're shooting with has finished as well ask him to clear your rifle and you do likewise to his.

The range officer will tell when to put your rifle on the firing point make sure the bolt is already out or the flag in.

You will be given a one minute period on the range officer's instruction for fouling shots otherwise known as blow offs or sneaky sighters! use them, most people try and get about 5 shots off, these shots will be into the sand behind the butts.

Tell the range officer that it's your first time and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks fellas, feel better already, its very reassuring to have a few of you there on the day, I'm the tall thin old bald bugger with a broad Devonshire accent, quite unmistakable really, look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers, Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic weekend, I haven't laughed so hard or taken the p!ss or had it taken out of me on that scale for a long long time.

The competition was run perfectly and very well organised, the food and hospitality at the North London was top quality.

Well done to Dave Lloyd for taking the short range aggregate and the Grand aggregate (shot in easier conditions I may add) Danny came second in the Grand aggregate, and I won the long range aggregate (in extreme conditions)

A weekend that I will remember for a long time.

What a fantastic weekend, I haven't laughed so hard or taken the p!ss or had it taken out of me on that scale for a long long time.

The competition was run perfectly and very well organised, the food and hospitality at the North London was top

quality.

Well done to Dave Lloyd for taking the short range aggregate and the Grand aggregate (shot in easier conditions I may add) Danny came second in the Grand aggregate, and I won the long range aggregate (in extreme conditions)

A weekend that I will remember for a long time.

Yes well done all great weekend , Ian can we get a stait jacket for Tony Marsh for next weekend at Diggle , better to be safe and all that.

Well Done Dave, loved the 3s on the last detail Made my day. look forward to next week end .

DannyT

A great weekend indeed lads well done Danny a good shoot.

Good to see the Shehanes hammering.

Well done Ian on taking the long range aggregate those easier conditions don't half make winning easier don't they ;):lol: .

Looking forward to Diggle.

Cheers

Dave

Archived