DIGGLE F-CLASS

garyw

i had my first attempt at f-class yesterday only 300yds- i have never even been in the butts so it was an education learning to mark the targets thanks to dave and richard for helping and listening to me bending there ears.after lunch we were shooting i only had my rifle a harris bi-pod and a cheap back bag-vince [gun pimp]kindly let me borrow a mat from the club house and richard was my partner to shoot i didnt know how to score but he put me right.

the rifle was only sighted at 100yds as i havnt had time to go further and to make a total pigs ear of it i only had 21 rounds with another 10 with a differant load that i hadnt tried.

richard[excuse me cant remember his second name]told me what windage and elevation to put on to start first shot went low right he then had his 2 sighters and we were off my first score went 1 i then put in more windage it was windy as well and scored a 3.this was quit pleasing i added another 1/2moa windage then started hitting the 4 ring this really got my confidence up nand i started to try and read the wind-then game on i stared hitting 5 ring-wow!i got more confident as we went on even spotting richards shots and calling then for him .i ende up using my ammo and had to shoot my last two with the untried loads these went into the 4 ring :) :)

after the relay i was well chuffed when we added up the scores i ended up with 90.5 i asked what the .5 was for didnt realise you scored v bulls extra .and much to my emmbaressment i beat richard by .1 .i must say a big thanks to all who helped me yesterday a great bunch of blokes now im well up for it. if any one is half thinking of going to diggle just go i have come away on my few visits with a lot more knowledge in the art of shooting,

this is not intended as a bragging exercise but to show how shooting with guys with a lot of knowledge can improve your standards-its certainly opened my eyes.

Thanks fellas -i had a great day with good company- as for the wallet thats been getting battered for years now and it looks like it wont end.next purchase will be some form of shooting mat, i bought a caldwell rest of foxy a few weeks ago and i will then look at the AIM field bags i soon realised you need both hands free when going up the diggle ski slopes with your kit.

Thanks fellas -i had a great day with good company- as for the wallet thats been getting battered for years now and it looks like it wont end.next purchase will be some form of shooting mat, i bought a caldwell rest of foxy a few weeks ago and i will then look at the AIM field bags i soon realised you need both hands free when going up the diggle ski slopes with your kit.

Hi Garyw.

Welcome to the 'dark side' of shooting. 'Aunty Wainwrights Shooting Emporium' a.k.a Brian Fox at Diggle is waiting for your custom.

Les

Archived