Vince Bottomley & other stuff on 6mmBR

TonyH

I don't read Target Shooter but I recently corresponded with Vince B and he's a nice helpful guy. I see he has some publicity on Accurateshooter/6mmBR and it's interesting to watch.

Unrelated to Vince but also interesting is this news about a Korean air rifle which even though I hardly ever dig out of the wardrobe the Spanish .22 air thingy I use to try and zap magpies in the garden, appeals to me. I mean, a full-auto air rifle, how cool is that...

Tony

I don't read Target Shooter but I recently corresponded with Vince B and he's a nice helpful guy. I see he has some publicity on Accurateshooter/6mmBR and it's interesting to watch.

Unrelated to Vince but also interesting is this news about a Korean air rifle which even though I hardly ever dig out of the wardrobe the Spanish .22 air thingy I use to try and zap magpies in the garden, appeals to me. I mean, a full-auto air rifle, how cool is that...

Tony

How much fun would that be??? :D

isnt anything auto a no no in this country ?

Probably, on the basis that if it sounds like fun then it's probably banned, but with air weaponry I honestly don't know. Centrefire full-auto has been banned since the 1937 Act (not on the basis of any evidence of course, and there was AFAIK not a single instance of criminals having used machine guns here at that time) but with air rifles perhaps someone who knows about those things can tell us. I remember years ago reading in a US magazine about a full-auto BB gun powered by a compressed air cannister; never come across any UK ref's to auto air...

Tony

Probably, on the basis that if it sounds like fun then it's probably banned, but with air weaponry I honestly don't know. Centrefire full-auto has been banned since the 1937 Act (not on the basis of any evidence of course, and there was AFAIK not a single instance of criminals having used machine guns here at that time) but with air rifles perhaps someone who knows about those things can tell us. I remember years ago reading in a US magazine about a full-auto BB gun powered by a compressed air cannister; never come across any UK ref's to auto air...

Tony

Chaps,

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the air guns we see at fair grounds fully auto BB guns? You must have seen the ones I mean where you have to completely shoot out the red star on the target and if you hold your finger on the trigger for a split second it fires all the BB's off in one burst......another £2.50 gone.

I had a play with a prototype pump action pre charged ( you pumped the action like a 12 bore, 1 stroke to recock and reload) maybe 15 years ago. Despite huge interest at the show it never made full production, now pump action Brownings are fine in 22LR so are 22LR semi autos, full auto even in 22LR is banned. I suspect that if this weapon was limited to semi auto then it would be allowed no problems.

A

Archived