Choosing between Barnard Sm action and AE MK3

Hi guys

I have a dilemma and it is decision time for me.

For long time I am unable to decide between two rifles for target shooting .

The rifles are: AI AE MK 3 folding stock 24 inch barrel with 1:12 twist, and Dolphin gun custom rifle : Barnard SM Action, Jewel trigger, AICS stock, Bartlein 12 twist barrel, heavy contour, HS magazine(Dolphin gun have now new rifle based on Barnard sm action with AI magazine new aluminum modular stock).

We shoot prone position, for 100-600 meters, bipod in front and sand bag at the rear.The action that will be the best for this kind of shooting ia a repeatable one.

Our ammunition is factory load only, from I.M.I, mainly .308 win 168 grain match cartridges. Occasionally we use 175 grain. No weight limit.

I have posted this question in Sniper Hide forum but pepole their do not have a lot of experience with Barnard SM action. We donot have here gunsmith service at all.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you

GYT

I would have no doubt that a well set up Barnard would shoot well but the reservation amongst various shooters in another forum is that the clearances on a Barnard are too tight for cycling in a dirty and particularly sandy environment.

Can't say I've ever dragged mine through dirt, let alone sand, but it sure shoots great.

Chris-NZ

Thought I was going crazy for a moment. This is a double post.

Check this out also from the OP

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13566&st=0&p=113388&fromsearch=1entry113388

Thanks Dave - yup that was a bit confusing! :lol: I'll lock this one; anyone who wants to respond, please do so in the thread at Dave's link.

Archived