.17 fireball?

Might just be a rumar, but I heared yesterday that the 17 fireball is being discontinued due to poor demand etc???

Like I. Said it might be a rumar but I though I'd ask?

Anyone know ?

Steve.

Where did you hear that? Was it by any chance from a gun dealer who didn't have a Fireball in stock and wanted to flog something else? There are some amazingly conservative, lazy gun dealers around, many of them in the Westcountry, who seem uninterested in anything but bog-standard chamberings that they've been flogging for half a century. I'd have expected to read about the loss of Fireball on somewhere like Accurate Shooter but I've seen nothing; Fireball has been out-selling .17 Rem in the States by a wide margin and I'd be surprised if it were to be dropped so early in its life. It certainly interests me, and is on my wishlist... Do you shoot a Fireball?

Tony

Where did you hear that? Was it by any chance from a gun dealer who didn't have a Fireball in stock and wanted to flog something else? There are some amazingly conservative, lazy gun dealers around, many of them in the Westcountry, who seem uninterested in anything but bog-standard chamberings that they've been flogging for half a century. I'd have expected to read about the loss of Fireball on somewhere like Accurate Shooter but I've seen nothing; Fireball has been out-selling .17 Rem in the States by a wide margin and I'd be surprised if it were to be dropped so early in its life. It certainly interests me, and is on my wishlist... Do you shoot a Fireball?

Tony

Hi tony,

No I don't shoot fireball, but two of my mates do. Mate mate who has one said he read something from I think he said Hornady saying that the fireball would be discontinued??? I might be seeing him later so I'll ask him again.

Just thought id ask and see if you guys had heared anything??

Steve.

Hi tony,

No I don't shoot fireball, but two of my mates do. Mate mate who has one said he read something from I think he said Hornady saying that the fireball would be discontinued??? I might be seeing him later so I'll ask him again.

Just thought id ask and see if you guys had heared anything??

Steve.

Steve, why would it have anything to do with Hornady? They didn't originate the Fireball - Remington did that, only a very few years ago, legitimising the Mach IV. And AFAIK Hornady don't even offer Fireball factory ammo, or brass. Your friend isn't by any chance thinking of HMR or Mach Two...? Not that I've heard anything about those being discontinued either.

Tony

Steve, why would it have anything to do with Hornady? They didn't originate the Fireball - Remington did that, only a very few years ago, legitimising the Mach IV. And AFAIK Hornady don't even offer Fireball factory ammo, or brass. Your friend isn't by any chance thinking of HMR or Mach Two...? Not that I've heard anything about those being discontinued either.

Tony

Saw this a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure if the link will work, if not just search "Future Of the 17 Rem fireball" in the search option.

http://www.saubier.com/forum.html

Steve

this calibre will flow and ebb like all other stuff, the next "best small calibre" to hit the shelves will be the 17hh[hornady hornet]this will go the same route but wont die out neither will the 17fb i have had 2 fbs both custom still have a cooper got plenty of reloading supplies for it ^_^ so i dont "give a damn"

this calibre will flow and ebb like all other stuff, the next "best small calibre" to hit the shelves will be the 17hh[hornady hornet]this will go the same route but wont die out neither will the 17fb i have had 2 fbs both custom still have a cooper got plenty of reloading supplies for it ^_^ so i dont "give a damn"

as long as they keep doing the brass i dont care if they stop chambering for fireball. worse case will have to form the brass

Might just be a rumar, but I heared yesterday that the 17 fireball is being discontinued due to poor demand etc???

Like I. Said it might be a rumar but I though I'd ask?

Anyone know ?

Steve.

steve,

from what i've read on the web remington have only discontinued the model 7 in 17 fireball, they are still doing the sps

rgds jock

steve,

from what i've read on the web remington have only discontinued the model 7 in 17 fireball, they are still doing the sps

rgds jock

If that's the case it's a shame: the Model Seven and the Fireball seem to me a perfect match, sort of combo I'd love to put together, with that neat stock MacMillan make in the Model Seven profile.

Tony

Archived