F.A.C TURNAROUND TIME.

garyw

I got home today from our game shoot to find my f.a.c back from west yorkshire i put in for a variation for a 6mm rifle to start at diggle.i only posted the forms back last tuesday so its only taken 8 working days :) :) at this time of year im very surprised its so quick.i got the variation i wanted and a increase in all my calibres to purchase ammunition.

i would like to say thanks to VINCE BOTTOMLEY AKA "GUN PIMP" for taking the time the other sunday at diggle to process my pssa membership i bugged him i know! but he didnt complain he just gritted his teeth and helped me out-thanks vince see you at diggle soon.and to the firearms licensing at wakefield for a speedy service.

looks like santa came early for, me now i have to go buy the rifle and dies etc from a friend who has sold me one of his prized rifles -thanks simon.i just need to flip the mattress to get some beer tokens now!

I got home today from our game shoot to find my f.a.c back from west yorkshire i put in for a variation for a 6mm rifle to start at diggle.i only posted the forms back last tuesday so its only taken 8 working days :) :) at this time of year im very surprised its so quick.i got the variation i wanted and a increase in all my calibres to purchase ammunition.

i would like to say thanks to VINCE BOTTOMLEY AKA "GUN PIMP" for taking the time the other sunday at diggle to process my pssa membership i bugged him i know! but he didnt complain he just gritted his teeth and helped me out-thanks vince see you at diggle soon.and to the firearms licensing at wakefield for a speedy service.

looks like santa came early for, me now i have to go buy the rifle and dies etc from a friend who has sold me one of his prized rifles -thanks simon.i just need to flip the mattress to get some beer tokens now!

Sent mine in the middle of september and am still waiting :angry: am starting to get really fed up now.Due another phone call on monday.

dave

Sent mine in the middle of september and am still waiting :angry: am starting to get really fed up now.Due another phone call on monday.

dave

PD is that with west yorkshire?

I have had the same service from Wakefield as Gary and can't complain about the west yorkshire force. :)

Good Grief

Two Happy West Yorks Ticket holders. We should have you both Stuffed and Mounted as proof that it can happen.:D

Nick

in all my years holding a ticket i can say iv never had a problem with w.yorks the staff are very helpful and if they say they will do some thing it gets done.

as for stuffing me and eldon well i dont fancy that!

in all my years holding a ticket i can say iv never had a problem with w.yorks the staff are very helpful and if they say they will do some thing it gets done.

as for stuffing me and eldon well i dont fancy that!

South yorkshire are very good too ,When I put in for the .308 I got it back in 8 working days

Mick

Gary

I have had an FAC for 26 years. My last renewel was the only time it has not had to be returned for mistakes to be rectified. I want another Silencer but i dread sending my ticket in for fear of it coming back a shadow of its former self.

The old manager there was a shooter who knew who the Pi55 takers were and knew his stuff, you could even have 375 if you shot Red. I suspect the new guy is there for his Admin skills as the lack of Knowledge is shocking. They did not even know what a 22BR was!

I hope things have improved since and your experience is now the norm.

Cheers.

Nick.

Just had my variation back yesterday, took one month, one add on Rifle, not too bad I suppose considering some take several months.

Tony.

Just had my variation back yesterday, took one month, one add on Rifle, not too bad I suppose considering some take several months.

Tony.

Hi All,

As some of you may know, I have had major problems with my local force (Surrey) in the past. However, under a new management team the Firearms Licensing Dept. seem to be making serious efforts to be as prompt and efficient as possible. 'Like for like' variations seem to be taking about one week while renewing ammo pages and correcting minor typos are usually done by return of Post. Grants and renewals usually take about 4 weeks if everything is submitted correctly, things that slow down or stop the licensing process are:-

Missing signatures, dates, doctor's details, supporting (land) documentation or club membership details

Incorrect postage

Submitting renewals late

Failure to keep appointments

Referees not submitting or incorrectly filling forms

Items with the incorrect postage are sent to a holding depot in Belfast where eventually they are opened and then returned to sender. This is a more frequent occurence than most people realise. Surrey Police send out renewal reminders about 8 weeks in advance and if the renewal is sent in shortly after this then there should be no problem in receiving a new FAC in plenty of time.

The above improvement in turn round times has been achieved despite personnel changes and budget cuts. It shows what can be done if people exhibit the attitude and will to do so,

Alan

I've no complaint from Staffordshire Firearms Office either. A variation took less than 3 weeks to complete and all that I asked was given, after I had a chat with the friendly and helpful FLO.

best wishes,

Finman

Nick,

One laughable c0ck up I had with west yorks was a change of address. I notified them in writing and enclosed my ticket. We are supposed to send it recorded to ensure safe passage aren't we, so I did.

It was a pity then that they did not show due diligence in return when they sent it back to my ORIGINAL address despite the ticket showing the new one :wacko::unsure::rolleyes:

Luckily I had the address on re-direct so no harm done.

Edit. interesting you can't write c*ck on this site as it amends to "rose"....... weird :lol: :lol:

Archived