shrouded barrel

Snowz

Hi Snowz,

I've fitted almost every available after market part to CZ 452's in the past but have yet to encounter a shrouded barrel in the UK,

Alan

Thought as much,

seem 10/22 and Buckmarks with them and was just on Rimfire cental and saw a smart CZ with one

ea8d88a6.jpg

Richard im sure ive seen one in uk call south yorkshire shooting supplies..sure it was his website i seen it on..if not as he does them for 10/22 cant see why he cant do one for a bolt action cz..i have one on my 10/22 from there.

Mick

I built most of those conversions for Roger.

I,d often thought that the shrouds would fit onto the cz American barrel. Its not a difficult conversion on any sporter barrel to be honest. Its down to whether the customer wants to pay for a one-off silencer being made. Most dont.

Is it possible to get a shrouded barrel for a cz452 .22lr?

seen them on a few US sites

have seen the MAE phantom at jmsarms, west sussex, julian had one there over a year ago and i was amazed at how quiet it was when he gave me a demo,

see his web site for details

rgds jock

I built most of those conversions for Roger.

I,d often thought that the shrouds would fit onto the cz American barrel. Its not a difficult conversion on any sporter barrel to be honest. Its down to whether the customer wants to pay for a one-off silencer being made. Most dont.

What sort of price would it be to do one Dave

I have a MAE phantom and it's mustard , very quiet manageable in the truck and very accurate with the lapua hollow points , only real down side is cos of the porting it looses about 200 fps with standard sub sonic ammo , so Julian advised me that the standard velocity lapuas were perfect starting at 1250 ithey exit at around 1050 making them easily sub sonic ,very accurate as well easily 1/4inch at fifty yards . just put the latest thumb hole stock on it off the new 453 looks sweet now :D

• 5 weeks later...

Barrel mods sound near identical to my suppressed one done here in NZ- fully sleeved ported barrel done via EDM.

Silenced10-22-1.jpg

You need to run HV ammo through it that ends up subsonic

Suppr10-22Dec11-1.jpg

Not as quiet as a bolt gun but a lot faster follow-up shots :)

Chris-NZ

Archived